BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m just a few minuts away from getting paranoia...I see van´s all over the f...... place. Ofcourse You all know the problem: Photo-traps !!

On almost every corner there´s this van with black windows taking photos of cars going more than 10% over limit..
I´ve been told that it´s possible to get a kind of transparant "streamer" to put on your licenseplate. Afterwards you could only see a white plate without any numbers on it..

Does any of you have any experience with this and maby contacts to get it from ?

Nille.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Nille,

I think you need to get some spray paint and graffetti up those vans! You know, like right over the smoked glass areas. But seriously, here in the states we encounter the same problems. I have read that there are plate covers that allow the police to view your plates from directly behind, but not at an angle. I would say it is like mini blinds. Since the vans are sitting on the side of the road, this should in theory work. Buy any of the major car magazines, the covers are advertized back in the classified ads.

Good luck with vans,

Mark

·
Registered
306 Posts
Not sure if those plate covers/spray on do really work, however, one thing for sure, with a V1, I can sneak out photo radar a block of two away giving me enough time to slow down..

·
Registered
2 Posts
The boys and girls in blue have been snapping our photos in this town for several years now Nille, and (I hate to discourage you) it gets worse instead of better! They have graduated from the ubiquitous vans to pickup trucks and beat up old cars in which to hide the cameras so anything parked beside the roadway is suspect. I haven't tried the licence covers but see lots of them in use. They are advertised in all the American car magazines so you may wish to try their websites. Good luck - at least if you are driving your M5 you'll be smiling for the photos!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Buddy of mine had a ZX-9R and rigged a "Piano Joint" to his rear plate. Used to flip it up, floor it past the van and give'em the one-finger salute.

What a picture that would have been...

Ah...youth...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts