BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The group buy that many of you have been waiting for...WPC treated rod bearings and ARP bolts. Pointer below to the Group Buy section.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/422002-group-buy-ptech-norcal-rod-bearings.html#post5430714

Unfortunately, currently the group buy can only be offered to those who will be getting this job installed at Performance Technic. If there is enough interest from out-of-towners who want just WPC treated rod bearings and ARP bolts, then I can work with PTech on seeing such a shipped package is possible.

--Randy

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Interested in shipped package.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so we are clear, we would need to fulfill the minimum local buyers # of 3 before we can even begin considering a shipped option.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Thanks prince for setting up this GB. I know many of the locals in the bay area will benefit from this, including myself. Looks like I'll be starting 2015 with a bang.

Dan

Reactions: randywei

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks prince for setting up this GB. I know many of the locals in the bay area will benefit from this, including myself. Looks like I'll be starting 2015 with a bang.

Dan
Uh....bang may not be the right word to use in this case :p

Are you adding yourself to #1 on the list? :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Shipped package for me.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like we may have hit our 3 minimum interested buyers for the GB. Thanks Hugo, Steve, and Manni! I believe PTech will be contacting you guys regarding deposits/appointments starting sometime next week.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Looks like we may have hit our 3 minimum interested buyers for the GB. Thanks Hugo, Steve, and Manni! I believe PTech will be contacting you guys regarding deposits/appointments starting sometime next week.
I would have expected more by now.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I would have expected more by now.

Yeah, I expected more buyers as well. But I guess it is a pricey job for no performance gains...and we did introduce this GB during the expensive holiday season.

But IMO the couple thousand dollar cost for this peace of mind job sure as hell beats having to purchase a replacement engine. I imagine more people will be taking advantage of this GB soon enough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: LeeDan00

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Yeah, I expected more buyers as well. But I guess it is a pricey job for no performance gains...and we did introduce this GB during the expensive holiday season.

But IMO the couple thousand dollar cost for this peace of mind job sure as hell beats having to purchase a replacement engine. I imagine more people will be taking advantage of this GB soon enough.

I think we should start another rod bearing thread LOL!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we should start another rod bearing thread LOL!!
Something along the lines of "How many of you have had your rod bearing ticking time bomb clock reset?" hahaha. Maybe that's a bit too mean...

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Something along the lines of "How many of you have had your rod bearing ticking time bomb clock reset?" hahaha. Maybe that's a bit too mean...
I work in marketing so anything that is an attention grabber is good with me :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I work in marketing so anything that is an attention grabber is good with me :M5thumbs:
Too long of a title. "Who has gotten their rod bearing ticking time bomb reset?" would be better haha :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

+1 for me in the near future. those subject lines just got to me. hiha

Dan

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My stock S85 will smoke any Modified S85 with a spun Bearing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/QUOTE

I think the title says it all...Spending money on mods while ignoring the basics will make these cars rarer and rarer as time goes on...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Some of us (me) are still waiting for the shipment option. It's a long commute from Miami, FL.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts