BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ///M sticker on my plenum is discolored. It actually looks like it got too hot and burned a little. Or maybe it's just friction from the underside of the hood insulation... although the hood insulation doesn't appear to be sagging in any dramatic way. it's only the tricolor stripes that are affected, the shiny M looks perfect.

Would someone kindly point me to a good way to remedy this unsightliness? I assume I can just peel up the original sticker with a hair dryer and slap a fresh sticker on there.... or is it not that easy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, how about this, I got home from EC Fest, my new stickers were waiting for me in the mail, I popped the hood to apply them and THIS is what I saw... or didn't see.... The emblem fell right off!! SO two questions,
1) Do I need to really go through the engine bay checking every nook and cranny to make sure the emblem didn't fall down behind something hot and start melting? If it were melting on something, I assume I would have smelled it by now. I don't see anything obvious with just a quick look with a flashlight... but I don't want to find a surprise later!
2) Anyone have a link for a new plenum emblem?? :haha2:

So, anyone need a pair of plenum stickers?? :grinyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Well, how about this, I got home from EC Fest, my new stickers were waiting for me in the mail, I popped the hood to apply them and THIS is what I saw... or didn't see.... The emblem fell right off!! SO two questions,
1) Do I need to really go through the engine bay checking every nook and cranny to make sure the emblem didn't fall down behind something hot and start melting? If it were melting on something, I assume I would have smelled it by now. I don't see anything obvious with just a quick look with a flashlight... but I don't want to find a surprise later!

Son of a .........

Reactions: TheShafro

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

Must have been all that spirited driving over the weekend ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, no one stole it, at least I don't think so... I didn't leave my hood up unattended in the last few days.

Thanks for the link Shafro!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
How does the CF badge/sheet come off? I have two plenums; one with a perfect CF piece one with a smudged one. I'd like to swap the CF piece when I swap plenums. Can this be done (easily) ?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I had the oil changed today and the missing emblem fell out of the plastic undercarriage cover. It looks just like it did before it fell off. Glad I kept the stickers now! LOL

It was just waiting for me to order the new emblem (which I did YESTERDAY). Hurray for return policies :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
How does the CF badge/sheet come off? I have two plenums; one with a perfect CF piece one with a smudged one. I'd like to swap the CF piece when I swap plenums. Can this be done (easily) ?
It cant be done easily. Its not real CF, its just a sticker basically, and removing it may put some permanent creases in it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
A little acetone to remove the old glue, a little silicone adhesive on the back and BAM...She's perfect again!

It's fairly pathetic how such a tiny cosmetic thing can bring me so much satisfaction... but there it is. I guess I'm a sucker for a pretty sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
He bought the emblem whole so I don't think the sticker is crooked, but it does look like the sticker may be a fraction of a mm too far to the left. But not enough to worry about imo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts