BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just about to do step 2 of charcoal filter removal - "Remove the washer fluid filler tube by using a small screwdriver to depress the tab while sliding the spout upwards and off of the filter box cover." - but when the filler tube popped off, fluid came out and leaked on my garage floor. Doesn't look like the whole tank but wtf. Is this supposed to happen? I dont want the dealer thinking I was screwing around under my hood. Please advise, thanks

edit: seems that when i replace the tube in that slot, the leaking stops, but i just went to see if it was done leaking, lifted the tube, and more came out. ughh

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
See post 139 of this thread:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66688&highlight=charcoal+filter+remove&page=4

I wonder if you've done the same thing?

I'm not an expert but I don't suspect it would not cause any problems. When in
doubt just call the dealership and ask if anything bad would happen if you
spilled some washer fluid by mistake. They don't need to know about the
filters.

I have a hard time believing our cars are that fragile that some wiper fluid
would cause problems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i probably did do that... well i got the airbox out but now the actual filter is proving extremely hard to pull out... i'm scared to break anything else

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all done, ended up snapping the longest straight edge of the charcoal filter then grabbing half to pull up. lost a little blood but i think it should be worth it. hopefully my BMW dealer doesn't find this and ***** at me

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
It will be fine. The dealerships also remove these when they
install Dinan software. Congrats on the additional 10hp you've
just gained! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts