BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
5. The price is a bit high if it really needs chain guides but...

90K and it needs chain guides? It is probably only the tensioner. Offer the seller $9500.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I don't think they have any idea what they are talking about - timing chains are an uncommon repair on these cars but common on the M62. The "trifecta" lights wont be on because of pads.

You can buy a running, driving example for that sort of money. Theres no point buying that car at that price. You can either buy a slightly higher mileage example for the same price or cheaper that doesn't need these sorts of repairs; or you can take the money for that car + the cost of repairs and buy a similar mileage example that doesn't need the work.

I also love how they say "Everything works as it should" then in the next sentence say it needs timing chains and the trifecta lights are on. I would personally stay away from that car. I'd take it home for 9,000 maybe a hair more

·
Registered
355 Posts
Way too expensive if it really needs the timing work, and the dash looks like a christmas tree.
Though it's worth noting when I did my timing guides at 100k as OCD PM, they looked pretty good.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Way too expensive if it really needs the timing work, and the dash looks like a christmas tree.
Though it's worth noting when I did my timing guides at 100k as OCD PM, they looked pretty good.
^^ I bought my M5 for less than this in the same condition with a little more mileage. If it really needs guides I'd offer no more than $9-$9.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts