BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has taken delivery of an M5 in blue onyx please post some nice hi res photos.

Does anyone know if this color has been listed as a standard color in any country?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think Gus and I are amongst the first to get this colour. My car arrives in around two weeks time and I will do a full pictorial at that time.

Onyx is not a standard colour anywhere and is only available through BMW Individual.

I am getting it as part of Individual Package II which costs around 4500 Euros but IIRC Gus is getting just the paint for around £1100 (approx. $1900).

In the meantime you could try a search as there are plenty of photos of other cars in Blue Onyx (not M5).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Maybe we should create a "sticky" out of this where we post different colours for M5/M6.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gus said:
Very hard to photograph as it basically looks black under most conditions. In reality it looks like a slightly bluer version of CB
This is what I'm hoping for. I like the CBM on my M3, particularly when the sun is shining directly on it. If the Blux onyx holds the deep blue color in a variety of lighting conditions, then this is the color for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ashok Arora said:
Fantastic pictures, thanks.

I'm so disappointed in the limited color choices for the E-60 (seven total), I think this is the smallest range of colors for any model type. On top of that, it looks like we will not have access to the individual program here in the US until next year at the earliest.

My wife is getting her CBM 330 at end of this month and I will have to make my M5 order in next months allotment; I don't want two CBM cars what I really want is the Blue Onyx! :grrrrr:

·
Registered
559 Posts
idivethesea said:
Fantastic pictures, thanks.

I'm so disappointed in the limited color choices for the E-60 (seven total), I think this is the smallest range of colors for any model type. On top of that, it looks like we will not have access to the individual program here in the US until next year at the earliest.

My wife is getting her CBM 330 at end of this month and I will have to make my M5 order in next months allotment; I don't want two CBM cars what I really want is the Blue Onyx! :grrrrr:
Canadians can special order individual paint colours for MY2006 now, but not the rest of the Individual package (interiors and trim bits) until MY2007 at the earliest. I would have liked blue onyx too, but I didn't feel like delaying delivery (wanted to get the car before winter set in) and the extra cost didn't thrill me either.

If Canadian dealers can special order individual paint colours, U.S. dealers should be able to as well. Looks like AbbruziBoy's done it - he's just ordered one in Malachite Green.

Best regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts