BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Nav-Tv and DVD set up in my car. The radio no longer works but the DVD, TV, CDs, Tapes, etc. all work. Nav-Tv (in Brooklyn) said they needed to replace the "radio tuner" because it's fried. My dealership should cover this, but they wont because of the aftermarket work that was done to the car. So I need to get this part. Can anyone supply me with the part number? Perhaps suggest a store/site? Thanks in advance.

Harry

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Angel said:
I have the Nav-Tv and DVD set up in my car. The radio no longer works but the DVD, TV, CDs, Tapes, etc. all work. Nav-Tv (in Brooklyn) said they needed to replace the "radio tuner" because it's fried. My dealership should cover this, but they wont because of the aftermarket work that was done to the car. So I need to get this part. Can anyone supply me with the part number? Perhaps suggest a store/site? Thanks in advance.

Harry
I'm very curious as to What type of "After-Market Work" was done to your car

that makes the BMW Dealership void your warranty??

·
Registered
616 Posts
It depends on which type you have - is it a SIRIUS based one or standard?

There are two places to check:

www.realoem.com (Great oem part site)

www.bimmernav.com (they can supply you with the module)

I have the Euro Professional radio module from Bimmernav and that is: 65 126 943 451

Hope this helps.

rgds

Was!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
gra8fuldd ed said:
I'm very curious as to What type of "After-Market Work" was done to your car

that makes the BMW Dealership void your warranty??
Probably the NAV-TV. It uses a non-standard adapter cable to connect to the radio/NAV system. It uses a modified BMW TV module that is non-standard to connect to the radio/NAV system. They could claim problems with this aftermarket equipment caused problems with the radio. You'd have to show it didn't.

BTW, the Sirius-compatible replacement radio for the car is Part No. 65-12-4-127-873, I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts