BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I'm thinking about buying the 2007 M5 from a private seller. I test drove it today and everything feels right with the car. I'm planning on running a carfax on this car but wanted to see if anyone on this forum can run a check on this VIN and let me know what manufactured options were installed. The VIN is WBSNB935X7CX07135. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kiet

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Don't forget a Pre-Purchase Inspection (aka PPI). Best $150-$250 you will ever spend. Make sure the mechanic is familar with M cars and has acess to diagnositc equipment. A dealer can do this for you as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the advice. Is there any way I can see what options are installed on the car with the VIN?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. Is there any way I can see what options are installed on the car with the VIN?
Call or stop by your Local BMW Dealer, but don't mention you are not the owner or they probably won't tell you anything about the car! (Based on my experience, many dealers will refuse to perform PPI for liability reasons, so you don't want them to find out it is not your car yet!!!) Check on the possible warranty left on the car, and available appointments to take the car in to have everything checked (not as a PPI) and possibly getting a fresh oil change. Then you can hit them with the options question, and hopefully your Service Adviser will tell you! (They can only tell you what options the car had from manufacturer, and if that particular dealer installed anything on that car since it was done there!)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
For inspection of a vehicle, I have used a company called SGS, and I was very happy with the detailed report provided. They work with eBay Motors. They inspect cars anywhere in the country! The cost to me was $100. Here is the link:
SGS - Order An Inspection

Note: I have no affiliations with SGS, and I only recommend them because I had a good experience with them in the past.

Good Luck!

Reactions: jeffm5

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had my ppi done at a dealer, he showed me the list of work done on the car by the previous owner. they also recommended a few small items that needed repair. All in all worth the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts