BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think that after a couple of years of ownership I would remember how to do this or have written it down. The process is a little different than for a US spec car.

I disconnected my battery yesterday and now I'm paying the price.

My Euro car has a four digit radio code (I think US is five digits). I can get the four digits entered in the radio display but I can't get the radio to accept the number and start playing. No button I push after putting in the code will get the radio to accept the code.

On a Euro car what is the entering process?

This is very frustrating as I was hoping to drive the car on trip to Toronto this week.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John Z.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 95 M5 which has Reverse RDS unit, one enters the four digit code via the station presets 1 thru 4 and then hits the tuner advance button on the far right.

Hope this works. John B.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JRB-M5 said:
On my 95 M5 which has Reverse RDS unit, one enters the four digit code via the station presets 1 thru 4 and then hits the tuner advance button on the far right.

Hope this works. John B.
John B.

Thank you. Very simple when you have directions that are in english.

Back in business and now I'm looking forward to driving the beast on about a 600 mile round trip over the next few days.

Tell me about your car. How long have you had it? What kind of maintenance experience have you had and have you made any modifications/upgrades? There cannot be too many other 95 M5's in the US. Wonder how many.

Best Regards, John Z.

·
Registered
3 Posts
johzev said:
John B.

Thank you. Very simple when you have directions that are in english.

Back in business and now I'm looking forward to driving the beast on about a 600 mile round trip over the next few days.

Tell me about your car. How long have you had it? What kind of maintenance experience have you had and have you made any modifications/upgrades? There cannot be too many other 95 M5's in the US. Wonder how many.

Best Regards, John Z.
John: Pleased I could help.

I guess I pitied your long road trip without tunes, so I responded before I had even introduced myself to the Board! I still don't have the obligatory pictures in presentable format, so that will have to wait a bit longer. But briefly, my 95 is Fjord Grey Metallic with antracite cloth/Amaretto interior, and 73k km. I was looking for something unmodified and now that I have one, plan to keep it essentially stock. I have owned it for 18 months but only actually had it for 10 months -- the Registered Importer who took care of the EPA/DOT compliance work had it for the other 10 months. As you can imagine, the wait was excruciating. But well worth it now that I have the car because, as we all know, they are truly amazing automobiles, even compared to a 95 540i which I also have.

In terms of how may 95's there are in the US, hard to say but it would seem there could be as many as a couple of dozen including Tourings. A colleague of mine of work has a 95 M5 sedan as well.

More to follow soon -- I hope.

Best regards, John B.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JRB-M5 said:
John: Pleased I could help.

I guess I pitied your long road trip without tunes, so I responded before I had even introduced myself to the Board! I still don't have the obligatory pictures in presentable format, so that will have to wait a bit longer. But briefly, my 95 is Fjord Grey Metallic with antracite cloth/Amaretto interior, and 73k km. I was looking for something unmodified and now that I have one, plan to keep it essentially stock. I have owned it for 18 months but only actually had it for 10 months -- the Registered Importer who took care of the EPA/DOT compliance work had it for the other 10 months. As you can imagine, the wait was excruciating. But well worth it now that I have the car because, as we all know, they are truly amazing automobiles, even compared to a 95 540i which I also have.

In terms of how may 95's there are in the US, hard to say but it would seem there could be as many as a couple of dozen including Tourings. A colleague of mine of work has a 95 M5 sedan as well.

More to follow soon -- I hope.

Best regards, John B.

John B.

I'm pleased to have contact with the owner of another 95 in the US. I also owned both 95 540 auto and a 95 540 six speed. They are what made me pursue the M5. After two years my car is now a garage queen with about 75,000 miles (I think, not verified). I have spent a small fortune sorting it out because of a number of electrical issues caused during the import process and also due to the recent rebuild of the suspension.

If I can ever return the favor please let me know.

email: [email protected]

Phone: 616 514 5953

Best Regards, John Z.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts