BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can not find a part number for this seal. It sits directly under the driver side mirror. Realoem only shows the insulating foam that sits in the door behind the mirror (51328163019 IS NOT THE PART I NEED). I went to the dealership and they couldn't find a part number for it either. They suggest that it might only be available as part of the mirror!! They took pictures and said they would get in touch with tech support to get an answer. The only part number on this piece is 32 289 L. Not enough to get a part number hit on. Help please!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
i also need a set of these.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
It look like it is part of the mirror assembly.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I'll check my stash. :hihi:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'll check my stash. :hihi:
PM me if you have a couple good ones. After repainting my mirrors, they fell apart and now it bothers me. :2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had Jason at Tischer (getbmwparts.com) do some looking on this part. He agrees that it appears that this part is only offered as part of a new mirror assembly. I can understand how that can be though. If a body shop is doing trim work and they pull the side view mirror off and the seal crumbles, do they call you and say, hey, your $4 gasket crumbled, that will be $500 to replace it? There has to be a way to get just this part...

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I could only find one for the driver's side and while the rubber is still decent, it's missing the tip at the lower front corner. No help here.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put this all back together last night. It's killing me! The little chunk that is missing is like a magnet to my eye now. And I know it will just continue to deteriorate.

Grrrr....

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Put this all back together last night. It's killing me! The little chunk that is missing is like a magnet to my eye now. And I know it will just continue to deteriorate.

Grrrr....
yeah! I might make a foam one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts