BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
What answer did you find? Tons of data, but I didn't see an executive summary... Which do you feel was best?

·
Registered
529 Posts
What answer did you find? Tons of data, but I didn't see an executive summary... Which do you feel was best?
From the link, post 61:

My answer:

UTTG has always been my choice for a durable dressing and continues to be. It rarely fails to deliver.

Solution Finish delivers the most natural look (least glossy) and can be used on areas that I would hesitate to use other products, such as steps, door handles, etc.

Carmor Fade to New for the coating category. C4 is an equally capable product and I sometimes prefer the slightly lower gloss for some applications. The deciding factor here (unless the long term durability proves to be vastly different) is price. At half the price of C4 for a 1 oz. bottle it really becomes an easy decision. The newly available 4 oz. container at nearly 1/4 the price per ounce compared to C4 just makes it that much easier for a professional detailer. Carmor has a great product and has been flying under the radar.

For anyone looking for a cost effective option (selling a car, for example) Forever Black is a reasonable choice. It is outclassed by some of the others in this test but it does a decent job for the lowest price.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's the answer. Based on this review, I bought some of the Carmor stuff. I went ahead and bought 4 oz. I am not sure how long these guys have been in business but the packaging sucks. My 4 oz arrived in a "paint sample" can (the kind with the lid you tap back into place). I would have preferred a screw on resealable package. I tried to buy through their website but my security would not let me proceed through their site for check out. I ended up buying from Amazon. It said that the seller was "Carmor". The package arrived with the stuff thrown in the box and packed with scraps (not exaggerating) of bubble wrap and paper. I know that doesn't really matter but its not very professional.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts