BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
///M5

• Big Brake Kit and complete brake overhaul (brake lines, fluid, and possible shoe brake kit too)
  • Custom Muffler/Exhaust and possible headers too
  • Valve cover gaskets, Rear Main Seal, Oil pump solenoid o-rings. May also refresh the CCV and its associated parts.
  • Michelin PSS
  • Still trying to find info on redying + re-colour the leather interior to Imola/Coral Red.
  • ..... (leaving blank space for more ideas)

530i

• Overhaul/Refresh complete suspension (front/rear) similar to my ///M5.
  • May upgrade to 18" squared setup
  • Want to do an S54 | 6 speed | M5 diff swap
  • Complete Steering overhaul (inner + outer tie rods, steering lines refresh kit, OE fluid, steering pump, and used low mileage rack & pinion)
  • Possible Big Brake Kit (similar plan as the M5 above)
  • Replace the right front fender and the passenger door because of slight dent and scratches thanks to my beloved dad
  • ..... (may add more thoughts/ideas later on)

What's yours?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Install all the parts I bought in the last year.... 540iT - m5 chassis braces, replace rusty tailgate - I have the new one - 750iL - install 3.15 from 740i Sport - xmas gift to myself - the list is long.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
M5

-Re-paint front clip (rock chips)
-diagnose and repair potential VANOS rattle
-Repair torn seams in front seats (PO probs)
-Rack up more miles

Land Rover
-Keep on road (LOL)
-Build rear bumper and rails

Spec e30
-Complete and compete

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Continue the restore (until every last part has been replaced it seems!)

-install Jedders and sport cats with tune
-SA reroute a la Sailor24
-total redo of sound system
-new front calipers
-diff seal
-hit the track

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Fix it - super charge it - respray front end - drive it

Paul :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Get the damn car running. Not a very realistic goal :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Keep both M5 and M3 running, basically getting around to parts I've had since 2015 o_O

M5
- Thermostat/lower temp sensor
- Rear Tires (leaning towards PSS)
- Install Beastpower Brackets
- Install CF lip
- Install Umnitza headlights

·
Registered
615 Posts
M5:

Koni Yellow + Dinan springs
Rebuild calibers
Replace radiator, expansion tank, hoses, clamps, superclean condensor, etc.
Install Euro brake cooling ducts from Dinan (keeping mesh look)
Respray front and rear bumpers, hood
Strong strut STB

Z3:

Strong strut trilogy
Replace cooling hoses
Pioneer head unit (tomorrow)
Rebuild calipers

·
Registered
421 Posts
Planned during winter hibernation:
- Dinan Springs/Koni Yellows
- Dinan Carbon Fiber CAI
- Dinan Front Sway Bar
- Dinan Rear Sway Bar + BeastPower brackets

·
Registered
108 Posts
M5 – First winter hibernation since buying the car - work underway:

• Remove PO’s old radar jammer, replace/repair interior where they fitted switches - DONE
  • Repaint CAI intake black so they blend into bumper - DONE
  • Repair cracked lower front bumper - DONE
  • Remove Tubi X-pipe and Mufflers and fit std (Tubi system for Sale) – Needs final welding
  • Raise SS headers on RHS as they sit too low - DONE
  • Replace LH valve cover as the casting is porous, while there change plugs – Waiting for the garage temp to go above freezing!!
  • BM54 radio module repair, amp upgrade & Bluetooth – Sent off to Carphonics
  • Re-seal rear door vapor barriers
  • Replace driver and passenger door seals
Finally pray that the weather warms up and I can drive the car! – Drive it, track it, enjoy it

·
Registered
379 Posts
Get the car running properly...I only drove it a month last year:(
Also install stuff that I've had for a while (front door seals, M subs, euro headlights).
A good wax as well to remove swirl marks.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have a **** load of new things to go into my car but ever hear the saying the shoe makers kids never had shoes:crying

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Trying to decide whether or not, after more than 12 years of careful ownership, to sell the M5. Garaged 24/7 since new, 65k miles, never in bad weather and only in rain a handful of times, etc. It's not perfect, but it's a beautiful condition example.

Purists will call it worthless since it has had two minor paintwork occurrences -- when it had about 1500 miles in late 2001, the original owner had someone run into the left front fender at slow speed -- the fender was replaced with a new one, no damage to any structure, etc. In 2005 while someone else was driving it, it was backed at slow speed into a short temporarily-placed post that outlined a parking path in a grass area -- the post dented the driver's door since the car was at an angle to the unseen post while backing up. Instead of "repair" of the dent, I had the door skin replaced. Paint match, including factory like "orange peel" is excellent as I selected the best place I could find back then for the repair. After 10-14 years, these areas look as good as new like the rest of the car.

The next consideration is whether to sell it with the Dinan suspension and exhaust and OE rears up front. I still have the original front wheels, in brand new condition, which were removed and stored at 15k miles when I switched to rears up front. I don't think *any* buyer will pay for any of these since everyone buys on price and ignores mods. Plus I have the original OEM full suspension I removed with just 28k miles on it stored since 2006 along with the exhaust. I'd like to put the car back to full stock to once again recall how great the simple from the factory feel the car had for the first two years I owned it also. The thought of returning it to full stock and then just taking it to show and concurs events is another possibility for a few years also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Vanos Solenoid Repair
ECU Box Fan
Muffler Delete
35% Tint
Aftermarket 19" wheels or Refinish Style 65's
LED Taillights
Brake Sensor
E60 short shifter
Full sound system overhaul