BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i am new a new member of the board ive been checking it our for the last few months though. i want to buy a m6 but don't know which color to get and i was thinking interlagos blue on silverstone for or white on indy red or white on silverstone or black on silverstone please give your opinions and can someone maybe post the way interlagos blue really looks

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
probably the hardest choice to make...I was torn between IB black interior and silverstone silver with indy red...went with ss/indy red

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your opinion nice choice though is there too much red with indy red interior or is there just enough

·
Registered
397 Posts
Unless your special ordering the vehicle, you'll have to take whats available. I Just purchased White / silverstone. I got lucky because the dealer happen to have the exact color with options I wanted. Whatever color you choose I'm sure you'll love it. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
white on indy red is BEAUT!!! seem pretty rare...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with the Interlagos Blue / Black Interior. I'm very happy with it and it gets tons of compliments. But as its been said , every color is a good color, so go with your gut.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only thing I don't want interlagos blue is to be purple at night or cloudy days I love the way it looks under the sun so if anyone owns just tell me how it looks in all conditions please

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and btw car is custom order unless they have what I want at dealer...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I walked into BMW for an M5 and walked out with a Sapphire Black, black leather and carbon fiber interior M6... LOVE IT!

·
Registered
286 Posts
You won't notice the carbon roof as much with black, for some folks that's an issue for others not. You can't go wrong, no matter what color you pick!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks bibendum im stuck between interlagos blue or alpine white

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
black is not worth it to me on an M5 or M6 or any sports car, because it hides all the aero parts on the car and you cant tell that much on what car it is untill you see it close up.

·
1,764 Posts
black is not worth it to me on an M5 or M6 or any sports car, because it hides all the aero parts on the car and you cant tell that much on what car it is untill you see it close up.
That's exactly why Black is so perfect - keeps it stealthy.

:cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Exactly!!! that's why I sold my 07 M6 cab black for an 08 M6 alpine coupe!!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
the only thing I don't want interlagos blue is to be purple at night or cloudy days I love the way it looks under the sun so if anyone owns just tell me how it looks in all conditions please
Interlogos Blue was my first color choice. Under some lighting conditions it might appear purple. My M3 was Techno Violet, which would sometimes appear blue. While there is a huge difference between Interlogos Blue and Techno Violet, under just the right lighting they are very similar.

I needed a change, and went with Sepang Bronze.

I was only able to evaluate Interlogos Blue on an M5 and Z4, and have still never seen an M6 in that color.

You might want to consider that both Interlogos Blue and Alpine White are likely to be common colors for the new M3.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks Clyde well I want interlagos blue cause where I live I've seen only 1 and it was an m5 not m6 and I want to be different I'm all for it but I just dont want it to be purple

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was also considering alpine white with Indy red interior or silverstone not sure yet though

1 - 20 of 29 Posts