BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,I went to a car showroom yesterday and I saw a beautiful 2006 BMW M5(E60) White/White SMG gear in a very good

condition (the body-the interior) the car looked almost new and the price their asking is 32,000US $ … I was feeling happy until I get behind the wheel to start the car and I saw the mileage showing 157,000KM! <<< is that an issue to worry about ?

Is there's any problems regarding the 2006 M5's any recalling issues or else?

Ticket price at time (on 2006) was 130,000US$!

If you were in my place would you go for it or not?!

Now for someone like me who is new to the M power line from BMW I had to think a lot about it, and I had to go Goggling trying to get all the needed information about the maintenance costs and all ,and I find out that one of major issues about
this car is the (clutch) it cost you every now and then (whenever you try enjoying the car for what its built for) is near about 5,000US$+

So what I want to ask you is that in a deal like this one what do I have to worry about?

& Does it really bothers you if you knew that the first and only owner of the car was a very young guy around 20 years old +-?

I had a chance to call the owner of the car and honestly I was expecting an older voice tone but when I find out that his very young I was a bit unhappy because you know how young guys treat those kind of cars!

And the by the way the owner informed me when I asked about the engine and clutch that he installed a part which gives the clutch a longer life a sort of a (re-leaser) I don’t know what you call it over here and I don’t know it will damage the SMG gear?!

So can you please tell me about each and everything I have to know plzzzAnd Guys one last thing I want to say …

I know one of the sales men over there and he told me that these kind of cars are hard to sale because of the maintenance issues and that they will be very lucky if they manage to sale it for 29,000US$ or 27,000US$!

SO IS IT That much of a problem?? A very big headache??

He even try to convince me to go for a 7 series instead which is less to worry about and a lot cheaper in maintenance … So what you think guys ?

Waiting for your kind replay and please do accept my apology for my bad English!

Thanks in advance for your answers!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mileage is just too high For 06 model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts