BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have been the new-to-me 01 M5 for two months now and throughly enjoying it. However, I would wish the car to have the automatic headlights as my father's E90 325i that I previously driven; plus the automatic wiper is not working properly since there are visible bubbles behind the windshield. So I refered to the automatic headlight retrofit guide in the DIY section and gathered all parts needed including the lens from Automotive Design Group a week ago. Now I have all required parts but the lens. I tried to contact them by phone earlier today but the call was automatically directed to a voice mailbox and their email address also seems to be bogus. Now I can't reach the seller at all and waiting for Paypal to intervene. I've also looked it up on eBay but all sellers are either in Russia or UK so the shipping cost is ludicrous and it will take forever to reach my mailbox. And I absolutely don't want to visit the stealer in my vicinity which made me pay over $500 for a replacement key again. (Yes I was stupid enough to pay that amount). Anyway, is there any other US based sellers that sell this particular part? Any insights will help, thanks.
Regards

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I went with the Russian one. Took a while, but got here in one piece. I never used it, but for the life of me can't find it.
I don't think any retail based in the US sells them anymore :(

Either that OR... Find a used one and carefully remove the old silicon with the nicest finger rolling and putty knife you can find and pray you don't overly mar the pad and use a silicon based adhesive (reference in some DIY's/repairs) to attach it. I ended up doing this in my E53 still have the tube too. This method had some give if you make minor mistakes.

My only tip, if you buy from the RU seller, buy 2! If you don't get it on 100% right you get 0 leway. I learned it the hard way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the Russian one. Took a while, but got here in one piece. I never used it, but for the life of me can't find it.
I don't think any retail based in the US sells them anymore :(

Either that OR... Find a used one and carefully remove the old silicon with the nicest finger rolling and putty knife you can find and pray you don't overly mar the pad and use a silicon based adhesive (reference in some DIY's/repairs) to attach it. I ended up doing this in my E53 still have the tube too. This method had some give if you make minor mistakes.

My only tip, if you buy from the RU seller, buy 2! If you don't get it on 100% right you get 0 leway. I learned it the hard way.
Sorry for the late responde.
They got back to me earlier this week and it was paypal doing some shenanigans... But order was already placed to the Russian seller, probably won't get it by christmas.:cry:
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts