BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting hit in a parking lot (while parked) by a crack head and two L O N G months in the shop, it's great to be enjoying the beast again. Some of you guys asked for pics, so here you go. I am amazed at the restoration skills of a good shop. If your baby gets hit, you should know that there definately IS some good shops out there that can perform magic on your car.

:byee55amg cherrsagai :happybirt :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
pretty good job.. looks like new again... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wow, hard to believe the before and after pixs. They did a super job.

I hope you bought the shop owner a beer and gave him/her a kiss :15: :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
WOW!

That is amazing what new parts can do!

Do you know if they used only OEM parts, fenders, etc?

What was the bill? hmmm

I'm almost scared to ask

Glad to see you whole again...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ocean's M5 said:
Do you know if they used only OEM parts, fenders, etc?

What was the bill? hmmm
Yes, I demanded EVERYTHING be replaced with 100% OEM parts. I was told that shops often use high-profit grey market parts, especially suspension components. So additionally, I demanded all parts be purchased from the dealer (just down the road from the shop).

The total cost was just over $20,000. Major parts included a driver's door, hood, both front fenders, bumper, steering gear, both struts, master brake cylinder, both front wheels, both front tires, and some suspension control arms.

:noSMG:

·
Registered
992 Posts
WOW!

Absolutely amazing and a top notch job! Glad to see you pressed your insurance company for OEM parts! I know people who get stuck in that mess with their insurance company for months trying to get them to replace with new vs. grey-market. Who is your insurance co.?

Glad to see the beast is back on the road and bringing back the grins!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hear the beast got hit. I assume that the guys a crack head because you cracked his head ouich. Good to know you didnt put up with cheap parts either. The only parts going on an M are true M parts!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.