BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the M6 Board that the Pirelli Pzero Corsa's will be available on the M6 in the fall. Anyone know if we can or will be able to order the M5 with the Pirelli's? I would even consider paying a bit more, since the reviews have been very positive.

On another note, in the same thread and email from BMW indicated that an upgrade to 20" wheels 'would affect the handling significantly'. Not the kind of thing I want to do to an M5...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I don't think that BMW will give us the choice to chose which tires the car comes on.. although the dealer would be happy to sell us any tire we chose!!!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I totally agree Dan....don't think we are going to get a choice of rubber.

I would have been happy to check the Michelin box on the option sheet for my E39 but BMW kindly gave me Dunlops :grrrrr:.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
I see two possibilities. (1) BMW uses the Continentals exclusively. (2) If BMW decides it needs a second tire supplier to ensure availability, it will not give the customer a choice of tires because the second supplier is there to provide tires when the first one cannot. So, I can't see BMW offering a choice of tires.

·
Registered
559 Posts
MRichmond said:
I see two possibilities. (1) BMW uses the Continentals exclusively. (2) If BMW decides it needs a second tire supplier to ensure availability, it will not give the customer a choice of tires because the second supplier is there to provide tires when the first one cannot. So, I can't see BMW offering a choice of tires.
Unfortunately, there is no choice. In the E46 M3, you either get the Michelins or the Contis - whichever the factory is putting on at the time your car is produced.

Best regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts