BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang;

Pilot Sports shod currently with approx 18K on them.
Front's are pretty history & exhibit this on the road - could be the 19" Hamanns exacerbating as well, however, I was looking to the collectorate for opinions on switching the fronts to Pilot Sport 2s while leaving the OK rears "as is"..

Think adverse consequences would arise?
If anyone's looking to rid themselves of a perfect set, give a shout!

Thanks a bunch! :byee55amg

·
Registered
797 Posts
vics said:
Gang;

Pilot Sports shod currently with approx 18K on them.
Front's are pretty history & exhibit this on the road - could be the 19" Hamanns exacerbating as well, however, I was looking to the collectorate for opinions on switching the fronts to Pilot Sport 2s while leaving the OK rears "as is"..

Think adverse consequences would arise?
If anyone's looking to rid themselves of a perfect set, give a shout!

Thanks a bunch! :byee55amg
PS2s are EXCELLENT performance tires. Grip is phenomenal and they look very aggressive (but they lack the "coolness" factor of directional tires like the original PS and PS A/S), however, they suck when it comes to treadlife; even more so than the standard PS.

I've had PS2s on my beast for about 15K miles and they need replacing. I drive aggressively, but I was expecting more life.

Don't get me wrong, I'll put PS2s on the car again next spring (for now, I'm shoeing the car with PS A/S), but if you're looking for good treadlife, look at something else.

Just my $0.02

Jeff :cheers:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Usually you advise to not switch front or rear tires only. But if you plan on getting another performance tire, I would think you could get away with it (especially if you get another PS tire). That being said, you will continually have the front or rear wear at different times and you may be best of just biting the bullet now and ordering four new tires and starting fresh. Up to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts