BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd give some input on these tires i put on my beast recently. This opinion is mainly for those that drive their beasts full time all year around and rack up miles. It's my full time driver car and I put about 30,000 miles/year on my vehicles (18,000 in 8 months of owning my beast).

The Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus has a 45,000 mile warranty! I was not able to get a warranty on any other tires since they cant be rotated. I'm running stock wheels. The Tires still have a ZR speed rating too.

They look great and very similar to the PS2 so no loss of Beast appeal.....certainly there are tires that look better......they handle awesome and the car tracks true and straight on all road surfaces, handle well in adverse weather (plenty of rain here in Seattle), and I cant get them to break loose accelerating hard with the traction control off.

Total price installed from Discount Tire with tax was $1258

pilot sport plus.jpg

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just thought I'd give some input on these tires i put on my beast recently. This opinion is mainly for those that drive their beasts full time all year around and rack up miles. It's my full time driver car and I put about 30,000 miles/year on my vehicles (18,000 in 8 months of owning my beast).

The Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus has a 45,000 mile warranty! I was not able to get a warranty on any other tires since they cant be rotated. I'm running stock wheels. The Tires still have a ZR speed rating too.

They look great and very similar to the PS2 so no loss of Beast appeal.....certainly there are tires that look better......they handle awesome and the car tracks true and straight on all road surfaces, handle well in adverse weather (plenty of rain here in Seattle), and I cant get them to break loose accelerating hard with the traction control off.

Total price installed from Discount Tire with tax was $1258

View attachment 130680
I'm running the same tires, for the same reasons! Look carefully: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...-m-prallel-style-37-e39-m5-2.html#post2029594

I got a set of four stock sizes the last week of December 2010 for $930 shipped, and paid my local guy $120 to mount and balance them, and toss 'em on the car!

-crds

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I just put these on my car as well. Had them on the E92 and once they got bedded-in (very slippery when new, not sure why) I was very happy with them. Good dry traction, very nice wet behavior, quiet and look good. Didn't have the E92 long enough to gauge wear, but initial indications were good. Since I drive the M5 year-round (although not every day) I decided to go with them again. Plus they were cheaper than the PS2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts