BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of those who have removed the stock mufflers and are running straight pipes from the resonators back have any pictures of their setups? It would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think a fellow board member has or had this set up at one point. (sorry can't remember their sig) Saw the video on youtube a few days ago and it sounded wicked.:cool2:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've wondered why no one has removed the resonator and added a couple good small mufflers there.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I've wondered why no one has removed the resonator and added a couple good small mufflers there.
Usually those removing the resonator want to achieve a louder/deeper sound. When replacing the stock resonators and adding aftermarket resonators in their place, it negates the reason for removing the resonators in the first place. Unless an exhaust shop who has experience with different aftermarket resonator lengths, adding an aftermarket resonator does the same job as the stock resonators. You'd have to select a fairly short resonator (10" or less) to have a sound between no resonators and stock resonators (the longer the resonator length, essentially the more sound that is diffused).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts