BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

On Monday, April 7th 2008 I entered the world of beast ownership. After a good deal of searching I found a 2001 Carbon Black w/ red/black sport interior (first time I had seen this color combo - love it) w/ all options (PDC, shades, fold-down rear seats) and only 17k miles. Total garage queen, owner drove a beater 3-series in the city of San Francisco.

But wait, there's more.

It's got Dinan. More specifically, Dinan intake, exhaust, stage II software, stage III suspension (Koni), front strut brace, and 3.45 rear diff. All installed by Dinan in Morgan Hill, CA when the car was practically new.

My first modification is iPod integration -- gotta have the tunes! Stay tuned for a full install write-up...

Pics attached. It's great to be on board! :)

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats - very nice. I like the unusual interior :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi all!

On Monday, April 7th 2008 I entered the world of beast ownership. After a good deal of searching I found a 2001 Carbon Black w/ red/black sport interior (first time I had seen this color combo - love it) w/ all options (PDC, shades, fold-down rear seats) and only 17k miles. Total garage queen, owner drove a beater 3-series in the city of San Francisco.

But wait, there's more.

It's got Dinan. More specifically, Dinan intake, exhaust, stage II software, stage III suspension (Koni), front strut brace, and 3.45 rear diff. All installed by Dinan in Morgan Hill, CA when the car was practically new.

My first modification is iPod integration -- gotta have the tunes! Stay tuned for a full install write-up...

Pics attached. It's great to be on board! :)

Brian

Welcome......

Love that colour combo :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
welcome along. car looks stunning!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Very nice find! Welcome and enjoy:M5launch:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow. Beautiful car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
962 Posts
welcome and congrats on finding a beautiful beast!

·
Registered
934 Posts
NIce!

Looks fantastic, BUT

There's a dead animal in your passenger seat....:3:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Sweet car, man. Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the kind and welcoming words, guys!

clean car, nice find... question though, what is that item behind the lower grille?

I noticed that and checked it out yesterday -- it's some kind of rubber trim that I imagine is supposed to be tucked into the bumper? Maybe Dinan wasn't super-careful when re-installing the bumper after the intakes or something. I'll have to see if I can tuck it down without having to remove the bumper.

Brian

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very nice, how do you guys over the pond manage to find cars with such low mileage? :eek:oohhh:

Welcome to the fold :thumbsup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice, how do you guys over the pond manage to find cars with such low mileage? :eek:oohhh:
I guess some people drive a beater and bring out the M5 on a weekend day or two. I don't understand how someone wouldn't want to experience the beast every day -- which is why it's now my daily driver. :haha:

Brian

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Damn, that's hot!! Good find!! :thumbsup:

Welcome!
:cheers:
Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts