BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Reply from Hartge:
I don't think the tax is a problem, as you saw a customer from Australia ordered the complete M5 stuff.

We include an installation manual and our things can be
installed by every dealer.

Van White said:
Quick questions for all. Can the authorized BMW service center add the Hartge lowering kit and spoilers to your M5? Or do I need to identify a certified Hartge facility over here in the USA?

Thanks all,
Van White
M5 E60 Delivery Date - January 2007

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow! I am jealous! What a beautiful machine!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Someone looks very happy and so he should - the Interlagos colour really suits the sportiness of the Hartge kit :M5thumbs:

I am really looking forward to hearing & seeing the Hartge exhausts in person. Does anyone in the UK have these fitted?

I agree the Interlagos color looks great with the Hartge kit......I actually didn't care for the Interlagos Blue and it wasn't even on my list of colors to chose from....But those pictures actually have me reconsidering my color choice....Jay.S :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
HOT :) the big wheels look awesome and the blue is as always one of the best colors for any BMW IMHO :) Great job at Hartge..

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Saw the car today on Östermalmsgatan, Stockholm :thumbsup:

Cell phone pics:

Speaking of 21 inch Hartge, I realise even though they are 21 inch, the diameter (important for acceleration) is smaller than the standard M5 E60! So it is only that added weight of the wheels tht hampers performance.

My calculations:

Hartge wheels:

Front: 686, 4 mm
Rear: 680,9 mm

BMW M5 standard wheels:

Front: 686,6 mm
Rear: 682,1 mm

Formula: (width [mm] * profile [%]* 2) + (diameter[inch] * 25,4 [mm])

Units: mm = metric millimeter and inches

Could this be correct? :confused2

·
Registered
703 Posts
Gustav said:
Saw the car today on Östermalmsgatan, Stockholm :thumbsup:

Cell phone pics:

Speaking of 21 inch Hartge, I realise even though they are 21 inch, the diameter (important for acceleration) is smaller than the standard M5 E60! So it is only that added weight of the wheels tht hampers performance.

My calculations:

Hartge wheels:

BMW M5 standard wheels:

It would be great if someone could weight both to see the differences,
stock wheel with tires vs Hartge wheel with tires, anyone?

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I know the standard M5 wheels weight (tyres and rim) but only the rim on the Hartge wheels.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Mvious said:
Wow! I am jealous! What a beautiful machine!
I would not go so far as calling it "beautiful" or "pretty".
"Mean and masculine" sounds more like it ......
Would probably add "intimidating" also.....
It's got that look of :"don't f##k with me "

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Is this correct calculations? ?????? I am assuming that the 21 and 19 inches are exactly on the inch in diameter, and that profile of the tyre is the percentage of the width. 1 inch = 25,4 mm.

Gustav said:

My calculations:

Hartge wheels:

BMW M5 standard wheels:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Gustav said:
Is this correct calculations? ?????? I am assuming that the 21 and 19 inches are exactly on the inch in diameter, and that profile of the tyre is the percentage of the width. 1 inch = 25,4 mm.
Yes, these are the correct calculations. The 1.2mm difference in diameter of the rear tires is insignificant. It amounts to a few thousand miles of treadwear on the OEM tires.

More importantly, I'd like to know how much those wheels weigh. I'm assuming they are cast, not forged. If so, they could be fairly heavy.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Thanks Wolverine for confirming my calculations.

Yup, we can be all sure that they are heavier than standard. Also, it is important to see where the majority of the mass is: near the rotational centre or more "radially out" which is worse.

But nice to hear that the diameter of the 21 wheels wont be a negative factor towards perfromance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another factor to consider is the fact that having larger rims pushes more mass farther out from the center of the wheel which will hinder performance. Like the spinning balerina that spins faster as she brings her arms closer to her center, smaller diameter rims will give better performance because it will contain more of the mass towards the axis of which it rotates on. Just something to think about, but I absolutely love the look of 21's on the E60 dropped and inch. :cheers:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
And one in black:

With the full Hartge kit :2:

Shipping worldwide incl. USA. Installation manual is included and the parts can be installed at any dealer.

If you choose to install the kit at Hartge's facilities in Germany (Beckingen) Hartge can arrange a Hotel for you the night before and will provide you with a car during the time of conversion to see the nice countryside as they have nice wine in the region.

If you are lucky you might even can meet the founder, Mr Herbert Hartge.

Please contact Mr Jörg Wey at [email protected] or call Jörg at Hartge in Germany (speaks English).

Tel.+49 6835/506-11 * Fax +49 6835/506-17

21 - 40 of 52 Posts