BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Looks just like mine other than contrasting side skirts.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I love that interior colour combo.
That said, I find the steering wheel a little too Vanilla ! Reminds me of my old E36 318i that had the same unit.

This car needs a proper //M steering wheel !

Also climate control panel looks a lot more classy that that shown

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the one that Munich Legends had up for sale a short while ago................

Anybody know which dash plaque # of 50 this is - can't be seen in these photos.

Is this perhaps the only 'P' Registered E34 M5 in the U.K.....? - Registered post August 1996 ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interior colour combination is .....well....interesting at best.

Nothing wrong with that color combo, it's nice and airy!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
16/50 - 339 - exterior is 'special order', interior was available as a 'standard option' - an UK LE-car is a 'dealer edition' car on special order from 'BMW Indivual' ordered to specifications by BMW GB.
-
nice and clean this one and in factory shape with a question-mark for the rear spoiler ?
was it re-sprayed ? the -///M5-plague seems to sit incorrectly ???

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
16/50 - 339 - exterior is 'special order', interior was available as a 'standard option' - an UK LE-car is a 'dealer edition' car on special order from 'BMW Indivual' ordered to specifications by BMW GB.
-
nice and clean this one and in factory shape with a question-mark for the rear spoiler ?
was it re-sprayed ? the -///M5-plague seems to sit incorrectly ???
Yes, nice car, I would be driven insane by the mispositioned ///M5 badge...

ouich

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, it's my car, posted the pictures in response to another thread. Yes, it has been resprayed, it had various minor dents and scratches, and stone chips on the bonnet which I thought wouldn't bother me, but every time I cleaned the car they drove me mad, so I ended up spending a fortune having the whole car done! It looks superb now but I'm now paranoid about parking it anywhere!!

The spoiler was fitted to the car from new, I quite like it, think it finishes off the look of the car. Any hints on where the M5 badge should be fitted would be appreciated, looked fine to me but would be good to get it fitted correctly,

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Any hints on where the M5 badge should be fitted would be appreciated, looked fine to me but would be good to get it fitted correctly,

Thanks,

Mark
A bit lower and a bit further to the left .......

Run a search on the forum to discover the exact location !

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Any hints on where the M5 badge should be fitted would be appreciated, looked fine to me but would be good to get it fitted correctly,Thanks,
Mark
-
[email protected]
I can give you the exact measurments resp. a link where to find them.
Try this: - http://www.e34m5.se/forum/modellbeteckning.asp -

b.t.w. and for the 'alive'-registry (courtesy of IvanDias) what is the plague number of this car
= XX/50 'M5 Limited Edition' ??
-
and last but not least > congratulations to own one of only 15 UK LEs in - rosso red - and in such a superb condition ( I fully understand the - parking issue - it is the same for many of us.........:):)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mark R:

Very nice car! Would really like to know the last 7 digits from the VIN. For making the M5 1995 Limousine Registry more complete. It starts with "GE00". You can send me a PM if you like.

Regards

Daniel

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi, it's my car, posted the pictures in response to another thread. Yes, it has been resprayed, it had various minor dents and scratches, and stone chips on the bonnet which I thought wouldn't bother me, but every time I cleaned the car they drove me mad, so I ended up spending a fortune having the whole car done! It looks superb now but I'm now paranoid about parking it anywhere!!

The spoiler was fitted to the car from new, I quite like it, think it finishes off the look of the car. Any hints on where the M5 badge should be fitted would be appreciated, looked fine to me but would be good to get it fitted correctly,

Thanks,

Mark
Hi!
Here`s a link with the exact measurements:

http://www.bmwe34m5.com/node/31

:cheers:
Sakke

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would say 8 mm between the M and 5 is way too much.
This is what we sourced out of BMW material and taking measurements on cars that most likely did not have the badge removed since the factory.

http://www.e34m5.se/forum/modellbeteckning.asp

EDIT: I now see that Karl already posted that link, maybe I should read the whole thread before posting..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I would say 8 mm between the M and 5 is way too much.
This is what we sourced out of BMW material and taking measurements on cars that most likely did not have the badge removed since the factory.

http://www.e34m5.se/forum/modellbeteckning.asp

EDIT: I now see that Karl already posted that link, maybe I should read the whole thread before posting..
Hi!
If you are referring to the link I posted, the only thing I have to say is that there was a refernce to a factory instruction for the badge placement, for a M3 though, but the measurements match in every other aspect so why not the distance between "M" and the "5".
There seems to be a great deal of variability on the placement on M5:s (hand built)
I used 8 mm between and it looks OK.

:cheers:
Sakke

1 - 20 of 21 Posts