BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Hi Adrian:

You need to use the "Insert Image" option which is the little yellow box immediately above the text when composing your message.

First find the URL address for the picture you want to insert. This is ususually quite easy. When you have found the picture, right click on it and select properties for the address. Then use the cut and paste technique (ctrl-c to get the address).

Once you have reached the point in your message where you want to insert the picture, simply click on the "Insert Image" icon and press ctrl-v to paste the url address into the required field.

I hope this makes sense :3:

·
Registered
635 Posts
What is the URL address. I try to add pics from my pictures folders but no luck.

Regards,

Marion

Ashok Arora said:
Hi Adrian:

You need to use the "Insert Image" option which is the little yellow box immediately above the text when composing your message.

First find the URL address for the picture you want to insert. This is ususually quite easy. When you have found the picture, right click on it and select properties for the address. Then use the cut and paste technique (ctrl-c to get the address).

Once you have reached the point in your message where you want to insert the picture, simply click on the "Insert Image" icon and press ctrl-v to paste the url address into the required field.

I hope this makes sense :3:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Marion, here is an example of a URL address:

http://www.bmwm5.com/photo/data/533/10CIMG06711.JPG

When you find a photo you want to link to, right click on the photo and you will see a popup menu. On that menu is an option called "properties". Click on properties and the URL address will be shown. Highlight the address using the left click of your mouse then use ctrl-c to 'save' it. Then go the the message you are composing, click on the insert image icon and press ctrl-v to insert the URL address in the prompted field.

Here is the photo from the URL above, if you right click on it and select properties you will find the URL address:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I suck at this. The problem that I am having is that my pictures are on my harddrive in my pictures folders. That I have taken fom my digital camera. When right click then i click properties it gives me where its saved on my hard drive

Sorry guys thank for helping

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
You are making a common mistake Marion. Before you can post any images in a message, they must be copied from your hard drive onto an internet based photo hosting server (e.g. Imagestation, Imagebucket). Alternatively, go to the M5BOARD.COM homepage, select "Owners Gallery" and then select the "upload photos" option. Once you have uploaded the photos, use the URL address for the internet based photo as shown above, do not link to anything on your computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts