·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
637 Posts
Gustave I am very sorry. It just sucks when stuff like this happens. :aniq:
I hope you are able to get your gorgeous car back to where it was.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Damn Gustav - this is just too much :mad:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sorry that had to happen to you, you must be furious right now, I know I was when I got a hit and run in a parking lot, same type of bastards! Does this kind of petty theft happen often in your area of Sweden? I thought Los Angeles was bad!

·
Registered
68 Posts
:eek:h: I am really sorry to read what happened to you AGAIN!!! Some guys definitely marked your car and using it as a "parts shop".

Get yourself an alarm with a remote which warns you in case the motion sensors pick something around. Trust me, it is worth the money you will pay for. I hope you get your new mirrors quickly.

Peace out.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Damn, unbelievable bad luck you had :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get a serial number etched out on the windows and other parts of the car where it is visable. It won't necessarily stop anyone from stealing anything but it'll make it less attractive to the clowns who do this kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Sorry to hear this Gustav. I hope that Karma comes and bites them in the arse.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was reading one of the past threads and someone predicted that they would steal your mirrors and then your rims to try and copy the M5 look.

Wheel locks wont help because you just need a little larger socket than the lug your trying to take off and knock it on there and twist and they are dealt with easily. I would take the car to an electrician, or someone you trust who knows electricity and have them fix your car up like James Bonds in that movie when they were trying to break into his car and kept getting shocked, except I would turn up the lethality of voltage.

Have them fix it to the rims or the whole car if you want. That should buy you some time until your ready to take it to the next level:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Sorry to hear it and see it Gustav. Nothing more frustrating than having something taken from you without permission. Get a finger print kit and see if the dumb bast**ds left any prints to trace and run them down with the M5.

Better yet Kiss your Wife and Wonderful child knowing that mirrors are replaceable.....even if it is again.

James

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was reading one of the past threads and someone predicted that they would steal your mirrors and then your rims to try and copy the M5 look.

Wheel locks wont help because you just need a little larger socket than the lug your trying to take off and knock it on there and twist and they are dealt with easily. I would take the car to an electrician, or someone you trust who knows electricity and have them fix your car up like James Bonds in that movie when they were trying to break into his car and kept getting shocked, except I would turn up the lethality of voltage.

Have them fix it to the rims or the whole car if you want. That should buy you some time until your ready to take it to the next level:
you are absolutely correct... rim locks do absolutely nothin... you can buy the sockets to take off stripped lugs or rim locks at any auto parts store for about 10-15 dollars... and you can believe me on this one, car theives and rim theives are not using tire irons these days they are using electric battery powered impact guns that are stronger then some pneumatic impact tools... it would take me less then a 5 seconds to get a rim off with 2 sets of rim locks... just and FYI for all you who think the rim locks do anything but give the owner a false sense of security... besides if they want the rims bad enough, they will just take the whole car... my security blanket is full comprehensive insurance on my 5k dollar BBS rims, which only costs an extra 50 bucks every 6 months...

and gustav im very sorry for you man... i think it's time to pay for a parking garage so this type of theivery doesn't occur again...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts