BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With Thanksgiving already around the corner I wanted to share some pictures from our final group drive of the 2004 season:

The Imola/Imola M5 of Grant(GWells) and his wife Karla kicking up a colorful spray of maple leaves on Fillmore County 19.

Autumn Splendor.

Autumn's Moody Light.

Minnesota Autumn Landscape.

Grant/Karla on a desolate stretch of Fillmore 5.

Anyone interested?

Scuderia M in Lanesboro.

A nice line-up. Amish families with horse and buggy selling quilts, baskets and fruit preserves in the park. Lanesboro.

Grant at speed on Fillmore 21, immediately after lunch in Lanesboro. No post-prandial torpor for our group!

Justin(pierce) and Grant, Fillmore 21.

Nice S-curve with excellent visibility on Fillmore 21.

Bluff Country.

Almost matching colors.

A beautiful dairy barn.

Banked curve on MN 43.

The first hairpin on Houston County 13 on the descent into the village of Houston. Slightly dusty in this corner, it was easy to get the rear end loose, but the sharp drop-off and rudimentary cable barriers kept us honest.

Approaching the second hairpin on Houston 13. Tough 2nd gear corner ala "The Corkscrew".

Pit stop at the BP in Houston. 93 Octane refreshment for our beasts.

Warp speed on MN 76, Houston County.

Stacey(STamulinas) and his wife Charmille at speed on MN 76.

Poetry in motion. Stacey/Charmille on MN 76.

My favorite strectch of Houston 10.

The Red Baron in action on Houston 10.

Stacey and I blast up the coulee on Houston 10, taking the racing line. Part of this blacktop gem was closed for construction, so traffic was exceptionally light(almost non-existent), and Justin and his GF Clara were kind enough to endure the cold and spot for us!

Nice corner on Houston 10. Had to really be careful of those red guardrails!

Justin on a downhill run.

Last picture my wife took in the Root River Valley, before dozing off on our way back from another great day in the Minnesota Bluff Country.

Thanks to Justin for editing and hosting the pics for me, and thanks to Clara for standing out in the cold to take those action shots of us. Thanks also to my wife for enduring the perpetual G-forces and snapping all the shots from the copilot seat!

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Wow - great photos Al, looks like a real blast :flag:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
As always, exceptional photos Al. :thumbsup: Looks like you all had a agreat time as you wind down the driving season in Minnesota.

·
10,445 Posts
alibo70 said:
Where did you guys get those stickers on the fenders? They look really good.
You can get some vinyl tape stripes in the M colors at www.stickercity.com that come in about 3' lengths at about 6" wide per color, and trim to your liking. I've been fooling around with some trying to get some stripes on the hood and / or front fender of my car, but after a couple of days i start feeling like it's a little too boy racerish.(unlike the badging on the above photos, which looks great).

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Wonderful, wonderful pictures everyone!!!!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Now how many monthes 'till spring???

Dare I say this already?!?!--Well here goes--You all have a great holiday season!

Anita

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Fantastic pictures that show the grace and agility of the M5 along with the spectacular senic views of MN! Very beautiful there with some nice roads thrown in. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Beautiful pictures, and what amazing roads you guys have! :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Great shots and nice roads as well. :M5thumbs:

Mark

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is exactly why I love this community. Great fun, great people, beautiful time.

Lovely Pics. That first one says it all.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts