BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some photos from our recent meet.

Interlagos Blue - subtle it ain't:

Clockwise from top left - Interlagos, Silverstone, Onyx Blue, Indianapolis Red:

A nice variety of M5s turned out on the day:

Lovely sight :cool: (sorry I'm just a bit biased)

Nitrous powered E34 lurking in the background:

Believe it!

Of course, the Ferraris had to make an appearance...

Lots of new faces and nice to see some of the old ones too:

Thanks to everyone who came out - it was another super meet. See you all next time :byebye:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great meet Ashok - thanks again for organising!

Best gadget of the day, the active side bolsters on the E60 M5 - great fun!!

Roger

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Thanks nice pics.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep the Blue Tour de France Fezza is a 575, well spotted.........

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
What a great turn out. :cheers:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well a few of the 575s have a 575M badge on the boot/trunk lid on the right hand side, and although you can't read it from the photo, you can see it has a badge. The 550 to my knowledge never had that badge, so unless someone sticks a badge on, those with badges are 575s.

Also the 575m had a Tubi exhaust, mine doesn't (yet) - it makes the car sound absolutely fantastic!

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Roger

·
Registered
321 Posts
rogbacon said:
...Also the 575m had a Tubi exhaust, mine doesn't (yet) - it makes the car sound absolutely fantastic!...
Roger, is your 550 Grigio Alloy? And interior colour? If so it's the first 550 I've seen in that color! Also see that you've upgraded your front disks to AP calipers and slotted disks. Reason? Have you got an M5 as well? Be interested in your comparison.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice pictures and knowing british people I'm sure you had a blast. Seeing all those generations of M5's together just made me realize how much of a screamer the new M5 is and how subtle and ordinary the older generations looked.

I like the debaged blue onyx, it still retains the subtle bussiness look. If I was getting an M5 I would definatly go for that.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
red_wings05 said:
Great pictures, you seemed to have a nice day and great weather. How many were you?
Good question; I guess we had around 20 cars and 30+ people but I lost count after a while :)

Anybody else got any pictures please post them here....

·
Registered
355 Posts
sydl said:
Roger, is your 550 Grigio Alloy? And interior colour? If so it's the first 550 I've seen in that color! Also see that you've upgraded your front disks to AP calipers and slotted disks. Reason? Have you got an M5 as well? Be interested in your comparison.
Yes Grigio Alloy with Blue Scuro interior. Brakes on the Fezza are Brembo four pots front and rear with drilled discs. My M5 had the AP 6pot kit and slotted discs as you point out.

Comparisons between the two: the Ferrari's brakes are fabulous although require a firm prod of the pedal, the M5 with the AP kit I would say were nearly as good in absolute stopping power, but the M5 was always less stable under very hard braking than the 550. Mind you it's the lower weight and much higher torque on the Ferrari that really opens up the decent performance gap.

Do feel free to message me if you want to have a more detailed discussion - we are probably off topic here!!

Roger

1 - 20 of 21 Posts