BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share their pictures of the new M5 from the Detriot or Chicago auto shows. They would be greatly appreciated.

JDS M5

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for supplying pictures. As you both might have guessed, I'm still on the fence, in regards to which color to select. Its either Interlagos Blue or Silverstone II??????
95% of the pictures of Interlagos Blue look great, but there is always that one picture that makes you step back and think of the Silver II. Any thoughts!!!

Regards,

JDS M5

tifosi said:

·
Registered
955 Posts
actually, i was the only that posted the pictures... ;)

let me know if you need more pictures. as i keep all the M5 pictures i've ever came accross in my computer, that should help you on deciding the colours. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
JDS M5 said:
Thank you both for supplying pictures. As you both might have guessed, I'm still on the fence, in regards to which color to select. Its either Interlagos Blue or Silverstone II??????
95% of the pictures of Interlagos Blue look great, but there is always that one picture that makes you step back and think of the Silver II. Any thoughts!!!

Regards,

JDS M5
I was at the show in Detroit with both cars. I'll try to find the pics I took - it was hard because there was always a crowd of people in front of the cars. Also understand that both cars were under intense indoor lighting.

My impressions: Interlagos Blue is absolutely stunning. Brilliant, bright, vivid, bold color. Very eye catching and unique. Definitely an attention-getter. Also the darker color mutes the lines of the car just a bit, and makes it appear a bit smaller. It is NOT a color I would choose if I didn't want to be noticed. Also, and this was the deciding factor for me, It shows every speck of dirt, every fingerprint, every smudge. Even more than black IMO. I couldn't get past seeing all the smudges and fingerprints on the car, even though the staff was wiping them fairly often.

The Silverstone is very classy, understated, elegant. The silver accents the curves and lines of the car a bit more (a positive or negative depending on how you like it), and the car looks just a bit bigger than the blue. The silver shows no dirt of fingerprints whatsoever. Looking at the two cars next to each other, the Silverstone looked like it had just been washed and waxed, the Interlagos looked like it needed a wash.

So, if you really want a striking car, and don't mind frequent washings, the Interlagos is a good choice. If you want more understated, and low maintenance, go for the Silverstone.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your two cents. I'm use to washing my Carbon Black every six days, so either color would work for me. How did the SS II look under the lights, does it show any blue?

Regards,

JDS M5

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
JDS M5 said:
Thanks for your two cents. I'm use to washing my Carbon Black every six days, so either color would work for me. How did the SS II look under the lights, does it show any blue?

Regards,

JDS M5
It was silver with a very very slight blueish tint. The best looking silver I've seen on a car.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Here's the blue one - can't find my pic of the silver one:

Here's a pretty nice silver car that was just down the hall:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts