BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im back now from IAA Frankfurt and Ill post some fast pics before the report is up and completed. Regarding AC Shnitzer I might like the rear spoiler (slightly larger than the Alpina B5 for example), and the steering wheel (nice to grip), and the side gills (AC Schnitzer logo on them). But I am not sure on the other parts. :confused2 I seen AC Schnitzer, Hamann and Hartge kits for E60 M5 and I definetly prefeer the Hartge kit, which is more understated and in line woth BMW M's own design. Below are some pics. I am definetly not sold on the wheels, front spoiler, rear exhaust. Just not my cup of tea.

However I like the way the air intake in front is in carbon :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
206 Posts
thanx for the great pics. i think overall it looks good, but those exhaust definately need a makeover:crying2:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thank you Gustav. I think most people agree the ACS car is really gross. However, I suspect it would look a lot better in black :confused2

·
Registered
342 Posts
I do not like it at all

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
AC Schnitzer M5 E60 "stuff"

The exhaust pipes look like they used to be round before they got run over by a very large truck. Some of the other parts just look tacky (literally, tacked on stuff just for the sake of tacking some cruft on).

Different is not always better...

But I kind of like their humpback trunklid on the tarted-up M6.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Not my taste at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice pictures Gustav. The car looks like something AC would do. I like the steering wheel and wonder if they would put wood on it to match a wooden interior.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The car is too ...Hey look at me...yes I know people heads turn and it is a very sexy car but they really destroy the good looking lines and overall feature of the M5. I agree the mods would look better on a black one but still looks really cheap to me. Come on what were they thinking with those rims :nono: . Gustav I demand these ugly pictures of our car be taken down. :7: :p

CWS

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think it looks killer. Maybe the little chrome "adjusters" on the air dam are a little much but the wheels are AWESOME. New designs. A bold look.

Those Hartge wheels that this board are so in love with look like neo-classical crap, a mili-step away from stock and in the WRONG direction. Each point with its acompanying "bolts" looks like some hellenistic throwback, line some ionic lacework on athenian pottery, bad ionic lacework at that. Each stalk resembles a little dandylion, so dainty and rococo against the stark industrial look of the car. Makes me gag.

The stock wheels have a "presence" to them that the Hartge wheels lose. Yes the wheels above are not that subtle. So?

It's like my drug dealer used to say to me "Go big. Or go home".

Celsius :typing:

(all IMHO :biggrin: )

·
Registered
641 Posts
Center intake looks like a Chrysler 300 C before a mod seeking owner does the right thing and changes it. The deck spoiler? There is a thread on this board that shows the clean look w/o any spoiler. Sometimes leaving the thing the way it is shows a sense of style. Hartge wheels for me. :M5eyes:

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I love the front splitters, but the rest of the kit is a bit too outlandish IMO. ACS is going the way of Hamann if they are not careful.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think they ahve already went the Hamann way. Im happy Hartge is around and that they didn't lost the ball as the did with the front of the 6-series...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Ashok put it best... that body kit is gross!

Are there any performance mods other than the exhaust?

·
Registered
890 Posts
drewzMMM said:
Ashok put it best... that body kit is gross!
Hartge rules !

Attachments

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Some of the A.C. Schnitzer parts are nice, but when they "do" an entire car, they don't know when to stop.

I think the rear ACS rear spoiler on 645Ci look great, but some other parts of the "6" kit (like the rocker panel scoops) look tacky and overdone to me.

That M5 of theirs is pretty horrid.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts