133 Posts
Here's my Sterling Silver M5 Touring 1995 "Elekta"::byebye:
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
M540i LE said:
OK Wout, back from skiing so here are some pics of the 540iLE...then morphing through to some pics of the M5:

Both 5ers are looking seriously good, when did you swap the front spoiler on the LE?

·
Registered
840 Posts

...and no rear headrest. Why is this? Our M-Sport is lacking the same thing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mtechnik540i; In some country: s rear head rests were always standard, like Sweden, but in other like Denmark and USA, they were always option, maybe just through Individual in the US?

In Germany they became standard January 1995, then also dual-airbags was no longer an extra, this because Germans was so safety minded, at the same time EWS II immobilizer became world standard on all BMW: s.

Here is a picture of my 540iAM, that was built Nov 18 1994...

"but of course model year 1995, shift was late April 1994" that lacks rear head rests, it's more sporty without=) just like M5 Winkelhock.

Black inner roof is standard on 1995-96 M Sport package cars.

The Avus blue "standard color on M Sport pack" 1995 540iM/6 was built Nov 19 1994=)

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Thanks Stephan. Yes, I like it. I had the grainy strips but to be correct have since fitted new smooth ones.

Some pics:

Stephan735i said:
I'm sorry David, that I missed it, I just looked at the first picture and missed that there were a change...

Now that I have seen, do you have the bumper strips with texture? M-technic bumper have the smooth strips just like M5 and all pre 1994 cars have.

Do you have more pictures of your LE and M bumpers, with M-Para: s preferably:D

Very very nice, now ours is twins:hihi:

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
840 Posts
Stephan735i said:
Mtechnik540i; In some country: s rear head rests were always standard, like Sweden, but in other like Denmark and USA, they were always option, maybe just through Individual in the US?

In Germany they became standard January 1995, then also dual-airbags was no longer an extra, this because Germans was so safety minded, at the same time EWS II immobilizer became world standard on all BMW: s.

Here is a picture of my 540iAM, that was built Nov 18 1994...

"but of course model year 1995, shift was late April 1994" that lacks rear head rests, it's more sporty without=) just like M5 Winkelhock.

Black inner roof is standard on 1995-96 M Sport package cars.

The Avus blue "standard color on M Sport pack" 1995 540iM/6 was built Nov 19 1994=)

Regards Stephan
This is interesting to me, as I was riding in a buddy's '89 Hellrot/Schwarz 535i and noticed that it had headrest, which set me wondering...why would an E34 that's 6 years newer, and the 'top of the line' like the M-Sports, not feature rear headrest.

Regarding the M-Technic front, I'm definitely diggin' it.

As far as the texture bumper molding goes though, I actually ordered the front/rear bumper molding from the dealership for a 7/95 M5 and when I arrived to pick it up it was textured.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my 91 from an autocross in St. Augustine, FL last fall.
SECC spring 2006 025 cropped.jpg

SECC spring 2006 049.jpg

SECC spring 2006 035.jpg

·
Registered
335 Posts
David; Very very nice, You have a lovely LE, you know that the first LE was made 1994? no 35 built 12/94, I checked built month for all 540i/6.

An early inspiration for me...

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
335 Posts
May 1992 M5 3,8 Limo in Lagun green...

April 1993 M5 Touring in Veilchenblau "the only one in the World"...

Here with MY 1992 mirrors, very common that the M-mirrors are/were stolen in Sweden.

Regards Stephan

·
Registered
335 Posts
Some pictures of the unknown 525i Sportlimousine, some pictures with 18" Style 5...

The about 500ps cars made are all in Schwarz Mica Individual color, like ex Rick Coffin's 1995 M5, the are made late 1993/early 1994, some equipment;

M-mirrors, M5 Amaretta antracit hurrican with black inner roof, Birds eye maple wood grey" not Graphit like MY 95-96 could have as factory option, M-colors on steering wheel, 8x17" Style 5, M-technic bumpers and outer kick panel "the lather standard on MY 95-96 Executive/V8 cars + US 525i-95, MY 1994 and earlier cars have this only on cars with M-technic sport package, code 336"

Regards Stephan

Ps; A friend of mine started an Yahoo page, the owner of the first car and ex owner of the second http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sportlimousine/

·
2,487 Posts
Mtechnik540i said:
The wheels are the same style that shows up on the Z8, but are a 5 series fitment I'm pretty sure...

I believe Scott spent more time on www.bmwe34m5.com during it's earlier days.

I'll see what pictures I can find.
bmwe34m5.com never had a message board. it was created by Ben Mehling, a Yahoo BMW E34 M5 group member. You can reach Epstein through the yahoo group.

·
Registered
7,649 Posts
MY LE 11/50

First pics of 11/50 LE before she goes in to the bodyshop for a touch up !

She goes quite well although doesn't feel as sharp as my other 3.8 .I replaced the K&N with a new one until I can source a standard air box .I have a heat shield in place and 2 cool air hoses feeding the filter.I haven't put any extra oil on the filter although obviously they are pre-oiled .The new filter has definitely improved crispness compared to the old dirty one !

·
Registered
124 Posts
Out for a drive today on some local country roads. Lurking around one bend was one of those cars with lots of flashing lights on top. Lucky for me her radar was not on.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 2387 Posts