BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of getting the hartge styling kit fitted to my indi red m5, plus the hartge classic 2 "21" alloys. Anybody out there under gone the conversion, if so would be much appreciated if u could post some pics. or any photoshop

I reckon it would go nicely with my e-race, ss-x pipe, sounds beautiful, just needs the visual presence.

earlier post http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110149

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im thinking of getting the hartge styling kit fitted to my indi red m5, plus the hartge classic 2 "21" alloys. Anybody out there under gone the conversion, if so would be much appreciated if u could post some pics. or any photoshop

I reckon it would go nicely with my e-race, ss-x pipe, sounds beautiful, just needs the visual presence.

earlier post http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110149

You know that, these alloy wheels "21 are heavy?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would go for

Classic 2, 20", because the diameter is fitting better and the car is lower, with these.. and the 20" are lighter than the oem rims... the 21"look big and good, but makes the car look a litlle high.. its up to you...

take a look at my AW,08 m5, got the hartge rims painted.. silkmat with a red outerline, and the calibers too... its lowered with H&R, springs...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113125&highlight=135i

·
Registered
71 Posts
Classic 2, 20", because the diameter is fitting better and the car is lower, with these.. and the 20" are lighter than the oem rims... the 21"look big and good, but makes the car look a litlle high.. its up to you...

take a look at my AW,08 m5, got the hartge rims painted.. silkmat with a red outerline, and the calibers too... its lowered with H&R, springs...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113125&highlight=135i

Classic 2 20" are lighter than the oem rims ? Are you sure?

one 166M "19 weight is only 13,27kg

·
Registered
135 Posts
yep

took the wheels, oem and hartge back rims...

oem 285/35-19
hartge 305/25-20

And the hartge was lighter, by a bit, dont know how much...

·
Registered
556 Posts
took the wheels, oem and hartge back rims...

oem 285/35-19
hartge 305/25-20

And the hartge was lighter, by a bit, dont know how much...
Tvas......I have the 20" Classic II as well. Did you weigh the wheel and the tire together on both the OEM and Hartge? I was always under the impression that the Hartge 20's were heaver than the OEM 19's but I like your conclusion much better! :M5thumbs:Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Tvas......I have the 20" Classic II as well. Did you weigh the wheel and the tire together on both the OEM and Hartge? I was always under the impression that the Hartge 20's were heaver than the OEM 19's but I like your conclusion much better! :M5thumbs:Thanks.
No idea about the 20's, but if you search there is a thread that shows a picture of the OEM wheel on a scale and the 21" Hartge on a scale to show that the 21"s are significantly heavier. Honestly, I can't imagine that 1" less in diameter could create that much of a delta in weight, but you never know.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the 21" Classic II's. I love the look, but do admit there are fitment problems in the rear once the car is lowered. I had to do a significant amount of trimming of the inner fenders to prevent constant rubbing. It's basically trouble free now with the exception of large bumps when I have four passengers in the car.

As for the weight of the wheels, they are definitely heavier than the OEM wheels. I really don't notice too much of a compromise in the performance, but that may be because of my other mods which have made up for the decrease in performance the heavier wheels may have made.

If you like the look, I say go for it!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Polar that is the most beautiful m5 ive ever seen

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
There shouldn't be any rubbing issues with the 20" Hartge Classic II's. Having said that however, you may want to stay away from a super low aftermarket lowering spring like the RD Sport springs if you want peace of mind. H&R springs should be fine.....or go with the combo Hartge/H&R spring setup that I have, which rides and sits really well.

The reason I went with the H&R's up front is because I prefer a slightly higher height of the car in the front so the car looks more level and is not as susceptible to scraping my front spoiler. The H&R springs lower the front of the car a bit more than the Hartge springs, and the car actually pitches down in the front slightly. Still looks hot, and it's just a matter of preference.

Reactions: Barry Lausch

·
Registered
331 Posts
Anyone got any specifics for the weights of the 20" and 21"? I am really liking the look of the hartge classics 2's, no info on Turner or beastpower.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts