BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
there's a lot to like about the attitude on that beast, 'tis how it should be. Well done.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Remarkable........

Take a look at Craig's profile (car description). That's the most elaborate track prep I've ever seen for an E60 M5 on this Board. There's a reason his car's "set" looks so good in that pic @ Watkins Glen - he has REALLY heavily modified and removed weight from his car.

'Appears he travels around to various tracks; some a long way from his home in Michigan. I sent him a PM expressing my admiration.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Here's Craig following me and JCrist on a warm-up lap through Turn 5a at VIR last year. Very nice looking car indeed.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where did you find his profile (Craig)? Is that his screen name, just Craig?

I just got back from two days at the Glen and heard about this guy, like some urban legend or something..."There was this guy here a while back with an M5 like yours except red, he had taken all the weight out of the car and had custom brake pads made for him and perfected the suspension and could take the bus stop flat out running sub 2-minute laps"

Ok, I'm embellishing the story, but please, who is he?? (Yes, I tried search, 'Craig' appears to be a junior member without any posts since July 2000) I would LOVE to pick this guy's brain! Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
and perfected the suspension and could take the bus stop flat out running sub 2-minute laps"
:eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
394 Posts
:eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh: :eek:oohhh:
OK, maybe I got a little carried away with the story? :rolleyes: But everything besides the lap times and flat out chicane parts were what I heard! It sounded like this thing was practically a race car. Cage, lexon glass, coilovers, custom brake pads(?) etc. I had never been to the glen before, and was probably running pretty slow in the mid to low 20s, but it sounded like this guy would have lapped me in one session.

I'm not looking to take my car off the street, but I bet this guy has a wealth of information.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts