BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some pics with the dinan suspension kits.

Do all stages, 1, 2 & 3 drop the car the same amount? The stage 2 and 3 only add the sway bar and camber plates, correct?

However, the springs and shocks/struts are the same, right?

Does anybody have side shot pics and what not? Or maybe a front angle shot? I would like to see how much the car drops.

I did a search, didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Running shotHope this helps...

I have dinan S3 Koni's

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just curious, is the ride height/drop on the car the same with the stage 1, 2 and 3? What stage do you have on your car? For instance, would stage 3 drop the car more than stage 1, or is it the same amount of drop?

Thanks, looks beautiful.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
IIRC...The ride height from stage one to three will be the same...btw i am running 20's
Just curious, is the ride height/drop on the car the same with the stage 1, 2 and 3? What stage do you have on your car? For instance, would stage 3 drop the car more than stage 1, or is it the same amount of drop?

Thanks, looks beautiful.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Stage 3 pic w/ OEM 18" wheels

Installed about 2yrs ago - couldn't be happier. Remember, camber plates add about 1/4" to front ride height (which come with stage 3 and not stages 1 & 2)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Drop is the same stage I thru III. Here are some pics of mine with 19 inch wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Stage 3 pic w/ OEM 18" wheels

oops, double post somehow...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Here ya go.....

Dinan/JRZ stage 3. There's no difference in drop from stage 1 - 3, even with camber plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Is this true? Dinan told me when I bought my suspension that adding camber plates added about 1/4" of space (i.e., didn't drop the car as much as without the camber plates by the thickness of the plate).

Dinan/JRZ stage 3. There's no difference in drop from stage 1 - 3, even with camber plates.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Any issues with your 20's ?

Running shotHope this helps...

I have dinan S3 Koni's

Laidback,

What size rubber are you running ?
Any rubbing issues ?
Just picked up a set of BMW Style 101 M's (need to bore them out) and am planning on dressing them in 245/30/20 & 285/25/20.
What tire size do you recommend ?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well........

Is this true? Dinan told me when I bought my suspension that adding camber plates added about 1/4" of space (i.e., didn't drop the car as much as without the camber plates by the thickness of the plate).
Maybe I'm getting too old and can't see 1/4" anymore. But I've seen my car parked next to dozens of other M5's (with Dinan stage 1 or 2) and I can't tell any difference in drop.

Look at IRISH M5's pic's in post #11 (he doesn't have camber plates). Can you see a difference between his front drop and mine??

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Maybe I'm getting too old and can't see 1/4" anymore. But I've seen my car parked next to dozens of other M5's (with Dinan stage 1 or 2) and I can't tell any difference in drop.

Look at IRISH M5's pic's in post #11 (he doesn't have camber plates). Can you see a difference between his front drop and mine??
RoundleM5's drop looks like more in the rear then the rest of us. Not sure if its the 18" wheels that make it appear that way though. It does appear that his rear wheel is slightly tucked under the fender where as most of us have a slight gap. :confused:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
+1 Dan...people told me that there will be a 1/4 more clearance if i ran the dinan camber plates but after install but i never notice it (height) either compared with the S1 and S2...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Camera Angle etc.

It is tough to tell height from photos as you don't know the camera angle or if the car is sitting on a totally flat surface.

FWIW my suspension guy said that if I install Kmac camber plates they will not change the front ride height.

BTW, I thought that DRM's car looked lower than mine. Sometimes "smaller is better".. :3:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts