BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people have asked to see some pics of my OEM wheels painted. Sorry it took so long. I had them painted a sparkling silver. The sparkle is alittle hard to capture on camera but its might brighter in person.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, those look great! I have always loved the look of the OEM rim, but the shadow chrome doesnt let all of the design show through. Really classy looking, and a great looking beast to boot!
:cheers:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Maybe it's just the picture, but they look a bit dull for my taste. I'd like to see a set in a polished finish.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The wheels look great but my personal preference is still for the stock E39 shadow chrome wheels. When they are clean and nicely poilished they just look so good.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
COPY CAT! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
very nice! I've never been a fan of the shadow chrome. The silver looks great IMHO.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
m5 rus said:
Stock is much better...Why did you do that???
The chrome shadow just didnt look very good on my color car. Looked like i had chrome rims and they were always dirty. I liked the style of the OEMs and i thought they would look good painted silver.
And yes Ahmed, I am a copy cat and proud of it :hihi:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I think they look good too. I'm surprised how nice they look. The color reminds me of my Style 32 rims there were on my 540i. This might be a nice alternative to those with the shadow chrome finish going away.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thank you for sharing the pictures of your repainted wheels. I think that they look great! Whether someone thinks that they look better than the stock finish is purely subjective. I think that everybody can agree that your car looks great with these wheels. :M5thumbs:

That was an interesting comment about the stock finish looking like chrome wheels that were dirty. I hadn't seen it that way, but now that it has been mentioned.... hmmm.

By the way, I LOVE your personalized plate. Of course the people that think you drive a Beamer (its a Bimmer) will not understand what an E39 even is!

Congratulations and Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
947 Posts
Like em!! Nice 1

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sweet, I think that looks great. How much did it cost?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
m5tackulous said:
looks good. Any pics of that girl near the dumpster???:hihi:
Thats about as close as i can get where she still looks good. Any closer and you wouldnt be happy.

It cost around 600. Had it done at pacific rims.

·
Registered
530 Posts
BAF:

Love the license plate. Can I use it? (I'm in NY) It gets the point across without being memorable to the public.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts