BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some snapshots of my 400HP "daily driver" Beast which you are all very familiar with, and my other almost-400HP "track day" Beast!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
CarbonBeast said:
Some snapshots of my 400HP "daily driver" Beast which you are all very familiar with, and my other almost-400HP "track day" Beast!
Have to like a guy who has such good taste in German automobiles! :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry ('91 200q20v avant)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey CarbonBeast, I have the exact same year and color.. Is Carbon Black really the name of this color ?? At the dealer they told me it was Midnight Blue.. Because really it is Dark Blue.. Just Curious..:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice cars :cheers:

Midnight Blue is slightly lighter than Carbonblack - they are not the same.

Here is a picture of Midnight Blue (I know it's hard to tell unless you see it in person):

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey CarbonBeast.

Nice Pics. Where do you go tracking? I'm in your neck of the woods, so might do some of that next year :haha:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gsfent said:
Have to like a guy who has such good taste in German automobiles! :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry ('91 200q20v avant)
Phew, glad to see that there are some other M5 owners who also own Audis! I was starting to get a complex because my second car was not a 911 or 360
:haha2:

Your avant is incredibly rare, it's a keeper!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
atlantisvip said:
Hey CarbonBeast, I have the exact same year and color.. Is Carbon Black really the name of this color ?? At the dealer they told me it was Midnight Blue.. Because really it is Dark Blue.. Just Curious..:cheers:
Hi atlantisvip,

Yes, my beast is "Carbon Black", but many people refer to it as "midnight blue" just to avoid confusion. To quote my wife, "so its called black but its really blue??? That's stupid."

Not sure about your neck of the woods, but in Canada, I don't believe "Nachtblau" (nice colour btw) was available on the M5 as a standard colour.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vvanherk said:
Hey CarbonBeast.

Nice Pics. Where do you go tracking? I'm in your neck of the woods, so might do some of that next year :haha:
vanherk,

we are pretty lucky, there are a few nearby places to hit the track.

Mosport in Bowmanville. Wonderful track, very challenging, nice elevation changes/blind corners... but very expensive track fees. Truly world class, ALMS runs there, IMSA back in the day, etc... tons of history.

Shannonville in Belleville. Nice technical track, multi-configs possible... bargain track fees. We end up going here most often since we have a good relationship with the track manager. Those pics are from shannonville.

TMP aka Cayuga. Seen the track, never driven on it... constantly being closed and reopended due to noise complaints from the residents. Once they get things straightened out, we will probably rent it and give it a shot.

There is also a brand new track just outside welland, never been.

We have choices!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
CarbonBeast said:
vanherk,

we are pretty lucky, there are a few nearby places to hit the track.

Mosport in Bowmanville. Wonderful track, very challenging, nice elevation changes/blind corners... but very expensive track fees. Truly world class, ALMS runs there, IMSA back in the day, etc... tons of history.

Shannonville in Belleville. Nice technical track, multi-configs possible... bargain track fees. We end up going here most often since we have a good relationship with the track manager. Those pics are from shannonville.

TMP aka Cayuga. Seen the track, never driven on it... constantly being closed and reopended due to noise complaints from the residents. Once they get things straightened out, we will probably rent it and give it a shot.

There is also a brand new track just outside welland, never been.

We have choices!!
Sounds great. Keep me in mind when you are organizing your next event. I've taken my bike out on the track once (Thunderhill in California), but never a car. Might be nice to play around with the M5 out on one.

Regards,
Vic

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
CarbonBeast said:
To quote my wife, "so its called black but its really blue??? That's stupid."
Carbon-

Not only do we share exquisite taste in automobiles, but also it seems so in women. I could swear I've heard those very same words uttered by my better half...

And your ur-Quattro is awesome! I've spent a weekend each of the last four summers with the QuattroClub (now AudiClub, I guess) at Mid-Ohio. Always a wide selection of vehicles, and ALWAYS a great bunch of folks to spend time with.

I've also been humbled by S4 Avants in RS4++ states of tune at Mid-Ohio; I no longer underestimate turbocharged AWD cars, as you can just never be sure....

Enjoy both of your Beasts!
-Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vvanherk said:
Sounds great. Keep me in mind when you are organizing your next event. I've taken my bike out on the track once (Thunderhill in California), but never a car. Might be nice to play around with the M5 out on one.

Regards,
Vic
Will do, would love to see your beast out on the track!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Teutonaddict said:
Carbon-
I no longer underestimate turbocharged AWD cars, as you can just never be sure....

Enjoy both of your Beasts!
-Dave
No question that the M5 is a better overall car and daily driver :flag:

But I still feel that on the track my stock M5 would be no match for my massaged ur-quattro. Corner exit with AWD is simply amazing :wroom:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was under the impression that Carbon Black was supposed to mimic the carbon paper color of pre computer days...for those of you tender in years....:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
not to be confused with Mimeograph Black . . .

jjc1843 said:
I was under the impression that Carbon Black was supposed to mimic the carbon paper color of pre computer days...for those of you tender in years....:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts