BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were taken on Oct. 25th w/ Patroon Chapter BMWCCA. Wicked fun :D :D :D :D . There were no other M5's there, except for a late 80's one.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vince-

I took it very easy in the beginning, but towards the end I started to let her go and she was AMAZING. The car is soooo smooth and so easy to drive fast. I was running in experienced class with a bunch of Z06's and 996's and at the end we were passing everyone except for some cars with slicks.

I was very easy on the brakes. I never felt any fade or anything, but I think that Limerock is easy on them for the most part with only one heavy braking area, that being turn one. But I tell you, they are VERY powerful. I could just put them on so deep into trail braking and the car would just eat it up!

I left DSC on, as it was around 32 F / 0 C and traction was very marginal. The DSC is great, but was constantly pestering me on accelaration over bumps and especially when the car got light going over the hill.

And the Engine Temps were fine, but they better have been considering how frickin' cold it was out there....

No one noticed, but I think that the number they gave me was pretty cool, too. check it out.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The beast looked in fine form out there. Great LMB Pics. Looks like you had a blast!!

T.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Triflow,

I had so much straightline speed compared to the 3 series guys it was ridiculous. I had to be careful not to run into the back of them at the beginning of the front straight coming off the 80 (?) mph downhill! It's tough to be patient......

·
Registered
66 Posts
Limerock is easy on them for the most part with only one heavy braking area, that being turn one.

Ahh Yes Sy
Going into BIG BEND can put your heart in your throat if you brake just a little too late......the beast looks quite at home at the Rock......I was lucky enough to see Bill Auberlen put a beast through the paces there it was AMAZING....he threw that thing around as if it were an M3.....just curious when you passed that 3 ....looks like you were just coming into the big straight..(The ONLY straight actually) is that correct???

Anyway looks like you had a blast and it is VERY refreshing to see a Beast run like IT SHOULD!!!! and not just cruise around the streets.....a little track time is a wonderful thing

Happy Motoring

MCar

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I find it great you have the heart to take the beast to the track. I don't and that's why I bought my 2nd car:haha:

You mentionned you ran with experienced drivers are you a regular ?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Great pics...and cool number...

all the best
adam

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Vince-

I've run a moderate amount of Skip Barber and SCCA events in the past, so they put me in that class. I'm sure that part of it had to do with the fact that I was running the M5, because I have never done a BMW CCA event before. It worked out well.

MCar-

It was absolutely amazing. The car was very confidence inspiring to me going into the downhill compared to my last experiences in other cars. The last car I drove there was an old RX-7 IT car in the early 90's, and it scared the s--t out of me going into the turn. The M was just soooo sweet. Will you do any events next year?

Also, I did pass the 3 series right at the beginning of the straight. The car is just soooooo fast.....

Adam-

You're the only one that noticed the number. I guess you and I are of like minds (sick/perverted)

Take care guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sydude said:

MCar-

Will you do any events next year?

Also, I did pass the 3 series right at the beginning of the straight. The car is just soooooo fast.....

I hope to get back into doing some instructing.....but racing is not an option anymore.....The Rock is my favorite track I believe they built that track for M cars hiha
Especially coming off the back turns when you change grades I've seen many an E30 M3 get air coming down the slope (mine included :biggrin: Hopefully I will catch you at a driving school there either with the NY chapter or Jersey Chapter......or maybe I'll chase after you on the 684 one day:D

Till Then
Happy Motoring & Happy Holidays

MCar

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MIB said:
So you took her out, Winned, dinned and .....hiha hiha hiha
Sixty Nined....?

If that was what you were thinking, you have a sick mind.

You get an A+!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MCarRacr said:
Hopefully I will catch you at a driving school there either with the NY chapter or Jersey Chapter......or maybe I'll chase after you on the 684 one day:D
Let's coordinate something when the season starts. I'll PM you about it then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds Like a plan Sy......would be a pleasure having my 'LIL' Beast chase your BIG BEAST around the Rockhiha

Right now she is hibernating for the winter won't see daylight until late Feb. early Mar. at the soonest.

BTW I finally have my wife's blessing to go BEAST shopping not a new one am looking for an 01 or low milage 00....so keep your eyes peeled.

I keep scouring ROUNDEL......and the Dupont Registry....all the local dealers are asking just a bit too much

Happy Holidays & Happy Motoring

MCar

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MCar, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you buddy. Take care.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Sydude said:
Sixty Nined....?

If that was what you were thinking, you have a sick mind.

You get an A+!
:hihi: :hihi: :haha: :haha: :hihi: :hihi:

Great Minds Think alike.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts