BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes, they are "cold air intake" Basically there are some hose behind the opening that runs all the way up to the airboxes so that the motor gets the cold air from outside of the engine bay.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
jeeperjohn said:
Bigtime007 and 2MS,

Just post the last 6 of the vin and you can see if it is the same car. Or have the dealer check the service history and see if it was ever at Long Beach BMW.

I spoke to Bigtime007 and did confirm that this is the same car. There is a warranty on the car by the dealer and so far, I haven't experienced the issue (again, knock on wood).

I will keep the board posted on how the car is doing...

Thanks again for the concerned replies and comments!

Best,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Actually I'm the original owner of that car. It was special ordered by me from the dealer in San Antonio TX. The car was perfect until the second owner (both our first names are Jeff) started modifying the heck out of it...:hihihi:
If you would like any other specific info on the car I would be glad to share it with you!

http://www.m5board.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=54&what=allfields&name=jeffs

·
10,450 Posts
i'm pretty sure he has since sold this car on Jeff, and is now driving some form of porsche.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Awesome color dude.....pics of the interior?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
yes 2MS sold it and went to porsche 993tt...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts