BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still sorting out what to do when i take delivery of the 20" wheels i ordered from DPE. Does anyone have any pics of any of the 3 different scenarios:
1. 20" wheels without lowering on their M5
2. 20" wheels with H & R springs to lower their ride
3. 20" wheels with Dinan stage 2

and yes i have done a search and read other threads. thank you

·
Registered
740 Posts
20" Radenergie with combination Dinan Stage 2 suspension and H&R springs (replaces the Dinan spring)...

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. this is why i love this board..everyone is so helpful, keep the pics coming! nice rides help me decide

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
<!-- attachments -->Radenergie R10 with Dinan Stage II (H&R spring instead) <fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend>
</fieldset>

·
Registered
69 Posts
20inch wheels, stock height. i now have 255 and 295s on the tires, ill try and sneak a pic tomoro if no rain..

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice pic aaron. i am concerned about damage fromcurbs, and grindng and such. the stock height dosent look too bad. very nice

·
Registered
39 Posts
been there done that...had 22 ACS on my 7...When my wife would drive i was always inspecting the wheels afterwards

·
Registered
331 Posts
i am still sorting out what to do when i take delivery of the 20" wheels i ordered from DPE. Does anyone have any pics of any of the 3 different scenarios:
1. 20" wheels without lowering on their M5
2. 20" wheels with H & R springs to lower their ride
3. 20" wheels with Dinan stage 2

and yes i have done a search and read other threads. thank you

Here are mine.
DPE Signature series S5's, lowered on HR's
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104501

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
omes what is your take on the ride quality. i almost ordered the exact same wheels as you. looks nice.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My 20's w/stock suspension

RAC RG41's w/stock width Sumitomo's

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
omes what is your take on the ride quality. i almost ordered the exact same wheels as you. looks nice.
Noticed the heavy wheels do take a lil away from performance ( they are off right now and should finally weigh them!) ride quality is a little rougher than stock, i just adjusted my EDC to a slightly softer setting and the ride is still good whereas i just to set the EDC to full sport before.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barry your blue looks amazing. thanks for the pics. so when i swap out if i stay stock for now i guess i need the following done:
1. tpm exchange
2. tire balance
3. alignment
4. reset height sensor
is there anything else???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Aznronin,

Here are pics of mine on 20" DPE Wheels and H&R Sport springs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Barry your blue looks amazing. thanks for the pics. so when i swap out if i stay stock for now i guess i need the following done:
1. tpm exchange
2. tire balance
3. alignment
4. reset height sensor
is there anything else???

It's recommended that you do the alignment once the springs settle, which is between 3-4 weeks after you install them. Take note that not all shops do alignments for lowered cars, especially for ours. If you need names of places in the LA area that do alignments, just PM me. I don't think there's a height sensor, but maybe you're referring to the tire pressure sensor and valve sensor.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
M5 power your getting me all excited! i cant wait for my wheels to come in. i still havent decided if i want to get HR springs or dinan stage 2. i oftens times have 5 people in the car (whole family) so im concerned if i drop too much i will rub etc. as far as stage 2 im concerned about the 2 g's i will drop to get the drop so to speak. i've only had my car about 3 months now and i've already spent over 7 grand on mods, new wheels etc! i feel like some sort of crack addict.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Aznronin: It is up to you but I would highly recommend you have the DPE boyz, install a new set of TPMS Sensors at the time they build your wheels or at least get them ready (brackets ect...). The addition of the sensors is well worth it to have them do it as the there is valve stem / fitment issues with the DPE's and the stock TPMS sensors.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts