BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
looks good!

does the E60 and E39 have the same wheel offset?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Did you bore out the wheel centers to 74mm? Or did you use adapter-spacers? The E60 uses 72.5mm hub centers, so the wheels will not bolt directly to the E39's 74mm hubs without some sort of modification or adapter.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
DZeckhausen said:
Did you bore out the wheel centers to 74mm? Or did you use adapter-spacers? The E60 uses 72.5mm hub centers, so the wheels will not bolt directly to the E39's 74mm hubs without some sort of modification or adapter.
Sorry Dave,

I can't answer as I copied the pics from e bay (germany). However, I have studied your comment and I think you are on the right track :confused3 (wooosh... right over my head)

link to german e bay if it helps - http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38695&item=4544391719&rd=1

you can translate it with - http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

JIM

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hmmm! Maybe there is hope for the E60.

Since I think those wheels make the E39 M5 (which I think is a gorgeous car) look completely repulsive, maybe a nice set of wheels on an E60 will make it look good. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
I guess I'm the minority here, but I think it looks repulsive. Almost ricey.
I completely agree - terrible.

Ditto on the whole e60 M5.

I hate the new M6 too.

I hate everything!

Just kidding:1:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
I guess I'm the minority here, but I think it looks repulsive. Almost ricey.
I almost agree-

Well, maybe not "repulsive" but certainly sedate and much less aggressive than the stock M5 E39 wheel...

B

·
0 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. Not amazing, but a nice unique look.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
DZeckhausen said:
What´s the point for BMW to change hub center diameter?

To make difficulties for aftermarket rim manufacturers?

David

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
dmccrary90025 said:
Reminds me of the 540 folks who dress-up with M5 wheels. a wanna-be. just my opinion though. Nice looking wheels. Just does not feel right to combine the two.
Yeah... I'm sure BMW did also not make M318i's, M3's in compact chassis, M3's with Auto's (not SMG), E34 M5's with V8's and such like ;)

I dunno .. call me crazy.. but I reckon those 19's are almost too BIG for the car.

I think I had better go and sit-down.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that they look a bit too big for the rest of the car...?

-Matthew

1 - 20 of 25 Posts