BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

For those interested, pics of the 1995 UK M5LE numbered 6, 13, 19, 22, 45 &48 have been added to the http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/1995M5LE/ site.

They join pics of #'s 1, 2, 8, 14, 17, 24, 34 & 35 which were already there.

New members welcomed.

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stevie

The Yahoo Group in respect of which I have posted additional pics is for the 1995 UK M5 Limited Edition.

I started this Group, because there was some discussion about the need for a register for the M5 LE's and, since I had started a similar group for the Australian 1995 M540i's - which has gone great guns with over 90 members (and there were only 70 M540i's sold in Australia) - I though I would set up a site with a similar format for those interested in the M5 LE's.

As yet, it hasn't really taken off. But as it is created for the benefit largely of the UK M5 community, hopefully it will.

It includes a database for recording details of all 50 LE's as they are found.

Now, as far as the owner of a humble 540i/6, I am sure no-one would mind if you joined either of my 540iLE group, or the UK M5 LE group.

In my mind, a 540i/6 is still a pretty special car. There were less of them made than there were M5's, afterall!! :blink:

Cheers

Stevie said:
Even people with normal humble 540i 6spd's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
David

I've posted to the list to explain that some of the pictures which are 'Number unknown' were of 14/50, which I owned until June 2005.

I've got about five zillion pictures of it in my photo library if you need anything specific!

Cheers,
Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,173 Posts
Hi there 'down under' -
can I enter into the registry as a 'guest-member' ??
(as I happen to have a lot of material and facts on these cars I just might be
able to help with the one or another information). -
-
great initiative ! :byebye:
brgds
Karl
-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
I have some pics of #35 from two years ago when it was up for sale under the BMW Approved Used Car sale by some dealer up North. Let me know by PM if you want them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Karl

Of course you are very welcome as a member. As is anyone who has an interest in the M5LE's.

This site has been set up to help maintain a register and some pics of each of the 50 cars and anyone who wants to know more or contribute on the topic is welcome.

Even though I don't have one, I (rightly or wrongly) feel some kinship with them due to the fact that each of the 3 1995 E34 Limited Edition runs that I know of (and I believe there might have been more - like a LE run of 525i's in Japan), as well as the the US 540i M-Sport, were created for the same reason - to fly the flag for the E34 as it approached the end of its new car life.

I am happy to moderate, organise pics and maintain the database, if people are able to supply me with pics and details.

Karl, you might like to join, and post some of the interesting information you have.

Hopefully, the site will become a useful tool for all M5 enthusiasts.

Kind regards
David


M5touring reg said:
Hi there 'down under' -
can I enter into the registry as a 'guest-member' ??
(as I happen to have a lot of material and facts on these cars I just might be
able to help with the one or another information). -
-
great initiative ! :byebye:
brgds
Karl
-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
David,

I am currently in negotiations to buy 20/50 a Rosso Red/Champagne M5 E34. Car has 78,000 miles and a full BMW SH in addition to a vast number of bills, past history on owners and V5 reg docs etc. Car is currently having some minor work undertaken before I collect in sometime later this month. Photos, chassis and engine number etc will follow once I collect the papers.

Interior needs some work but otherwise its a beautiful car and in my ownership for a good few years to come.

Richard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
David,

Thought you might like to know that I recently heard that my old LE (green 14/50) was stolen in December from the new owner.

If you see/hear anything of it, let me know!

Cheers,
Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Legacy260

Good luck with the negotiations. If you end up with the car, please send me heaps of hi-res pics and I will post on the website.

Cheers
legacy260 said:
David,

I am currently in negotiations to buy 20/50 a Rosso Red/Champagne M5 E34. Car has 78,000 miles and a full BMW SH in addition to a vast number of bills, past history on owners and V5 reg docs etc. Car is currently having some minor work undertaken before I collect in sometime later this month. Photos, chassis and engine number etc will follow once I collect the papers.

Interior needs some work but otherwise its a beautiful car and in my ownership for a good few years to come.

Richard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andy

Although I know it is yours no longer, I am sorry to hear it was stolen. I know that as car enthusiasts, we all put a lot into our cars while we own them and even once they are gone, still retain a degree of attachment.

If I hear anything, I will certainly let you know.

Cheers
AndyE said:
David,

Thought you might like to know that I recently heard that my old LE (green 14/50) was stolen in December from the new owner.

If you see/hear anything of it, let me know!

Cheers,
Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
David,

The deal is done and I am hoping to collect the car around Feb 20th. I will forward all of the images in hi-res and will keep everybody abreast of the improvements etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
M540i LE said:
Karl

Of course you are very welcome as a member. As is anyone who has an interest in the M5LE's.

This site has been set up to help maintain a register and some pics of each of the 50 cars and anyone who wants to know more or contribute on the topic is welcome.

Even though I don't have one, I (rightly or wrongly) feel some kinship with them due to the fact that each of the 3 1995 E34 Limited Edition runs that I know of (and I believe there might have been more - like a LE run of 525i's in Japan), as well as the the US 540i M-Sport, were created for the same reason - to fly the flag for the E34 as it approached the end of its new car life.

I am happy to moderate, organise pics and maintain the database, if people are able to supply me with pics and details.

Karl, you might like to join, and post some of the interesting information you have.

Hopefully, the site will become a useful tool for all M5 enthusiasts.

Kind regards
David

I've got no. 34 if you want pics of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top