BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Whats wrong with the exaust on the M5? It looks like it's lowered in the right side :confused2

·
Registered
178 Posts
I saw both here at the airport in Luxembourg.

And I heard them the noise was absolutely :eek: great.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Nice to see an M5 with wood trim, but what is that color leather? I want to make sure I don't accidentally order it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
First time I see a white M6 of a real car, nice nice nice.

The last photo of the M6 interior shows the Cararra wood (if I'm not wrong) under direct sun light, which shows it to be a true brown colour.

Thank you for posting.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
M6 Forever said:
First time I see a white M6 of a real car, nice nice nice.

The last photo of the M6 interior shows the Cararra wood (if I'm not wrong) under direct sun light, which shows it to be a true brown colour.

Thank you for posting.
Methinks that's the Madeira Walnut. Pretty dodgy looking if you ask me. I don't know why they put a simple grained, and not a burled wood in this car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would be surprised if that particular wood trim is either of the standard wood trims available on the M5 or M6. By the way, unlike M5 owners, M6 owners have the choice of piano black trim instead of aluminium.

Best regards,

Spiroman

·
Registered
42 Posts
MortenDK said:
Whats wrong with the exaust on the M5? It looks like it's lowered in the right side :confused2
i think both of them are pre production cars. maybe that's also the reason for the iDrive display in the m6 is covered by the safety car sign

·
Registered
623 Posts
More you see that white color more you like it! But at the end of the day something I think would stop you from ordering your M5 in Alpina White ?????? . And that wood trim does not look right for that kind of car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Pics: M5 and M6 MotoGP (more pics)

Just a quick q for the folks that went to the MotoGP. What's the best time to arrive at Laguna Seca to try an beat the traffic? The traffic always seems to be a nasty part of attending an event there, so I was wondering if it's wise to pitch up earlier or later?

If it's on the calendar for next year I'm going to try and make sure I'm there. Unfortunately I had to miss this year's one... grrrrrrr

·
Registered
703 Posts

jasonb said:
Just a quick q for the folks that went to the MotoGP. What's the best time to arrive at Laguna Seca to try an beat the traffic? The traffic always seems to be a nasty part of attending an event there, so I was wondering if it's wise to pitch up earlier or later?

If it's on the calendar for next year I'm going to try and make sure I'm there. Unfortunately I had to miss this year's one... grrrrrrr
we entered the track at 7am and it was ok, bit of trafic but not anything like at the end...

·
Registered
47 Posts

Cool, ok, so an early morning is not going to leave you stranded at the gates for half the morning?

What's the best way to get a lap of Laguna-Seca?

·
Registered
703 Posts

jasonb said:
Cool, ok, so an early morning is not going to leave you stranded at the gates for half the morning?

What's the best way to get a lap of Laguna-Seca?
nope, the track opens at 5:30am.

best is to sign for track days or schools, check http://www.keigwin.com/

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

desualt said:
we entered the track at 7am and it was ok, bit of trafic but not anything like at the end...
I went on my motorcycle and it was a HUGE advantage. Early is definitely better if you're in a car.
Jasonb, were in CT are you from? I grew up in Camps Bay

·
Registered
47 Posts

Barry, small world man. ; )

I live in Durbanville at the moment, out in the 'Boerewors Curtain.'

How long you been in the US for? We have offices down in Mountain View, and I'm out there every so often. If you need some Mrs.Balls chutney, Cadbury's chocolate, Bovril etc. etc., let me know. :2:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

jasonb said:
Barry, small world man. ; )

I live in Durbanville at the moment, out in the 'Boerewors Curtain.'

How long you been in the US for? We have offices down in Mountain View, and I'm out there every so often. If you need some Mrs.Balls chutney, Cadbury's chocolate, Bovril etc. etc., let me know. :2:
I've been here since '79 !! I was in CT Jan and again next Jan. I still love all the "home foods" I get killer biltong and boerewors here (and most of the other stuff too). Let me know when you're here next. It would be fun to get together.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts