BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I spotted an almost identical unit for sale about 9 months ago.

To me, it seems too loud a colour for the subtle E39 shape.

B

·
0 Posts
That beast is currently for sale by a fellow board member. Check out the for-sale section for many more photos.

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
BeastPower said:
That beast is currently for sale by a fellow board member. Check out the for-sale section for many more photos.

Cheers.
Yep- Up here in Sacramento, CA...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44074

Ard

PS Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder... me, I'm still trying to find a caramel interior on a silver or grey 2003 and failing miserably... :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
DE91 said:
Does anyone know how many Individual M5 E39 in Dakar yellow that are produced? Or is that car the only one?

//DE91
I'm guessing there is at least one more, unless the one I saw in Manchester was a respray job.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Sorry but the interior does not work with the yellow. BTW, that color is very old and makes the car look ugly. I saw a 99 528i in that color in Miami four years ago and my first impression was that the color made the car jump out at you. Bold bright colors should be on small sport cars not sedans.

Taxi's are an exception of course. :nono:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
Sorry but the interior does not work with the yellow. BTW, that color is very old and makes the car look ugly. I saw a 99 528i in that color in Miami four years ago and my first impression was that the color made the car jump out at you. Bold bright colors should be on small sport cars not sedans.

Well that's not very charitable...

As my mom used to say "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything..."

Yes, I'm a newbie but so be it.

Ard

·
Registered
543 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
small sport cars not sedans.
Put them together and you get sport sedan. I am not a big fan of yellow, so that color really isn't my thing (no offense meant), but I think a bright color really can add the the whole "attitude" of the M5.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I see that nobody had the guts to order Laguna Seca Blue on the E39 :confused3

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Jim Dolan said:

I'm not one to knock another man's ride, but I have to agree with Jim yellow belongs on small sport cars. ;)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Dakar is a little too pale for me but as they say too each there own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts