BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few pictures of my rides, for your viewing pleasure.

And thanks to everyone for helping me source parts for my beast. As you can tell she's up and running. There is still some little things to take care of but most of the major work is done. :cheers:
:thumbsup:
:applause:
ouich

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I always like the e38 body style...thanks for sharing the pics:cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Go on put an M badge on it, only joking. Nice pics, is that a sports exhaust on the 7?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it's the stock exhaust with ACS tips. This is the way I purchased it and I really didn't want to make any upgrades on the exhaust as it is a highway cruiser and the exaust may be to loud. But, that's why I bought the M5 so that I can play with it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey villajoe,
thanks, but I didn't even notice till now that those are not the original wheels, since they have that ///M stamped on them, I just assumed they were the original wheels, though when I looked at it something just didn't appear right about them. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I honestly believe that the e38 is one of the best looking cars that BMW ever made. My opinion, and I know some will disagree. I think the longer lines work very well on the bigger car. I had one for a while and let it go for the M - wish I didn't. I'm 90% on another e38 as my secondary vehicle in another year... well, I'd probably end up driving it more, so the M would then be secondary :)

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Nice pictures, very cool E38 - thanks for sharing.:cheers:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Some more pics of the E38 PLEASE !

Interior and engine shots appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll get some more pictures tonight possibly and will post them ASAP. And I have to agree with you "Dash" the E38 is my favorite line of the 7er.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just a few pictures of my rides, for your viewing pleasure.

And thanks to everyone for helping me source parts for my beast. As you can tell she's up and running. There is still some little things to take care of but most of the major work is done. :cheers:
:thumbsup:
:applause:
ouich
Those are nice pictures. I especially dig the wheels on your 7

·
Registered
193 Posts
You're making me want an E38 too.
I really wanted one before I got the m5, in blue with the really light cream interior, blue carpets and blue dash. The dash was dark blue, something that seems unique to the 7 series. I hunted for a while but couldn't find one with low enough miles and then right after I got the m5 one appeared with low miles (for an 01) and only $20K.
Happy with the ///M, but wish I could have afforded both!

Nice cars!

·
Registered
24 Posts
your pics bring back memories...I too sold my e38 for the M5...glad i did, but i do miss her. i do also think the lines are excellent on the e38...one of the best proportioned cars around. I never thought I would want a car that big, but it really grew on me. too bad there wasn't an M7...I would own it for certain.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
True there wasn't a M7, but there was a Alpina B7 and that it a sweet sweet ride, especially the 5.7l B7. I think I would trade my dog for one of them, though they were not sent to the US. And neither was the 750i, but I did find the one I own, which was imported from germany.
And I have to agree with you I didn't think I would want a car that big either, untill I bought it and now I don't think I could part with it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
True there wasn't a M7, but there was a Alpina B7 and that it a sweet sweet ride, especially the 5.7l B7. I think I would trade my dog for one of them, though they were not sent to the US. And neither was the 750i, but I did find the one I own, which was imported from germany.
And I have to agree with you I didn't think I would want a car that big either, untill I bought it and now I don't think I could part with it.
The E38 is good stealth vehicle. My 740i sport has the Dinan S-1 upgrades to it including the suspension. It makes for a good solid road car. Is that front bumper/valence stock on the euro version 750? If not, where did you get it? :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like your steering wheel. Did you replace it or is it stock? Looks like it has the ///M on it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I like your steering wheel. Did you replace it or is it stock? Looks like it has the ///M on it.
Stock with the sport package. It also came on the 00 and maybe 01 M5s.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts