BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these photos last weekend at the Nordschleife, my first real encounter with the E60 M5 .. it looks STUNNING but unfortunately I can't say that it sounds as good as it looks, it's too quiet and sure doesn't sound like a brutal V10 in anyway.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great pics. :thumbsup: The Inerlagos Blue M5 looks stunning. :cheers:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great hi quality pics. Thanks for sharing, always nice to see the M5 in motion.

//Ekan

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
360bhp said:
Nice photos. Perhaps the cars werent too noisy as they were still being 'run in' before their first oil change ! cant wait for mine in blue in Jun 05
The blue M5 is a factory car driven by one of the RingTaxi drivers, so it's definitely fully 'run in' by now. Don't know about the silver M5 (Dutch plates). The blue M5 was acting as a Ring Taxi and did a lot of laps, not sure if it was regular business or some sort of promotional thing for selected clients or whatever.

By the way, I have all the photos in high res as well in case anyone wants them as a wallpaper, not that they are that spectacular.

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Excellent Lasse!

I think you might have been at the wrong part of the track. I think at the wide-open throttle parts of the track like Quiddelbacher Höhe the car would have sounded better.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
kees said:
Excellent Lasse!

I think you might have been at the wrong part of the track. I think at the wide-open throttle parts of the track like Quiddelbacher Höhe the car would have sounded better.
*shrug* perhaps, I still think it should have had a nice roar down Eschbach in 3rd gear or through Wippermann in 3rd or 4th gear, at least that's what I do ?????? :hihihi:
It is of course possible that they just didn't push very hard, I kept up with the Munich regged E60 M5 for almost 1/3 of the track in my rental 525 diesel, hah. The diesel was well quick, timed one of my laps to 9:08 BTG.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Great pictures Lasse. I saw a silver E60 M5 today, drove behind it for a few kilometers, even put my window a bit down to hear the exhaust note, but since we were in busy traffic I didn't hear it while doing high revs or anything. I too was a bit dissapointed by the sound, maybe Tubis can make it scream a little more. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jos said:
Great pictures Lasse. I saw a silver E60 M5 today, drove behind it for a few kilometers, even put my window a bit down to hear the exhaust note, but since we were in busy traffic I didn't hear it while doing high revs or anything. I too was a bit dissapointed by the sound, maybe Tubis can make it scream a little more. :)
There was a Belgian regged E60 M5 at the Ring at the same time as the Munich and Dutch regged ones, don't remember if it was silver or blue though.. think silver, possibly the same as the one you saw.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
lasseoe said:
There was a Belgian regged E60 M5 at the Ring at the same time as the Munich and Dutch regged ones, don't remember if it was silver or blue though.. think silver, possibly the same as the one you saw.
It could be the same car, as I don't think that there are many E60 M5's with Belgian plates around yet. Can you please email the first picture in high res to brjefs at gmail.com?
TIA :)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
90-RB-LN is a BMW-NL Demo, it's the same car they've been driving the **** out of on the RDW test-track, the same car of which the in-car movies were posted, the same car Jeroen rode in, and as I've heard, the same car (still on german plates) of which you were gonna scan my favorite photo of....... Plenty of km's on it, no need to restrain......

raymond woertman said:
The Grey M5 on Dutch plates is first registered on 19 Januari 2005. Probably a car owned by BMW NL.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jasonb said:
lasseoe, what lens/camera combo are you using for these shots?
The first 4 photos were shot by myself with a simple household Canon Powershot S500 (Digital ELPH), nothing fancy.

I'm considering getting a Canon digital SLR, but it might have to wait a little while.

The last photo "Createphotoart.nl" is by someone else.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see...

Nice pics.

I've just bought an EOS20D, and I would recommend it to everyone, so if this type of photography is your cup of tea, it's a worthwhile investment...

But, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

lasseoe said:
The first 4 photos were shot by myself with a simple household Canon Powershot S500 (Digital ELPH), nothing fancy.

I'm considering getting a Canon digital SLR, but it might have to wait a little while.

The last photo "Createphotoart.nl" is by someone else.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jasonb said:
I've just bought an EOS20D, and I would recommend it to everyone, so if this type of photography is your cup of tea, it's a worthwhile investment...

But, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
It's not broken but I could certainly use better optics and better zoom, not to mention shutter speed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.