BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Development is still under way but it sure looks promising :thumbsup:

"Our developement work on the headers and metallic cats now stops, and it will continue after Aug. 21, possibly on a M6 car.

I can anticipate you that the stock engined M5 car we worked on, does have an impressive 530 Hp (engine hp) , and that our cat-back system lets it jump to almost 544 Hp. Unfortunately, this gain is concentrated higher in the powerband, mostly from 7000 to redline, as the torque curve at low and mid rpm is almost unchanged."

:1:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I assume this is with stock headers. 543.7hp is very impressive and they look great too!

Any idea what they weigh (kgs) compared to the stock exhausts?

:)

·
Registered
369 Posts
hm, when i read the comparision pdf i see, that the oil-temp was just 34degrees celsius? did you test the engine with that low oiltemp?

on the other hand it was quite hot that day and 530hp seems to be very strong concerning temps above 30degree celsius...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Also, this one has 530 hp :p

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wolverine said:
Prad is rwhp? Is the engine HP measured directly from the flywheel or calculated from the rwhp?

My guess is that is is an calclation from rwhp. Not very accurat IMO.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would not choose RD based in what I have heard. Do a search on the forum for Racing Dynamics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gustav said:
Development is still under way but it sure looks promising :thumbsup:

"Our developement work on the headers and metallic cats now stops, and it will continue after Aug. 21, possibly on a M6 car.

I can anticipate you that the stock engined M5 car we worked on, does have an impressive 530 Hp (engine hp) , and that our cat-back system lets it jump to almost 544 Hp. Unfortunately, this gain is concentrated higher in the powerband, mostly from 7000 to redline, as the torque curve at low and mid rpm is almost unchanged."
Hello Gustav. Is supersprint available for E60 M5? If so where can you order it from. Can you buy it in the USA? Also what do you know/think of the DMS chip? For customers that live in the States,how can we get the DMS chip? Your response is always valued. Thanks.
:byebye:

:1:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Any sound clips ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts