BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note the M style deep front spoiler and M style wheels:



The aluminium cube interior trim is ghastly:



Larger twin chrome exhausts & rear diffuser:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
The exhaust doesn't point down to the ground like diesels usually do (including the E60 530d). Is this typical for the 535d, or is it just because of the "sports" exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Ditto said:
The exhaust doesn't point down to the ground like diesels usually do (including the E60 530d). Is this typical for the 535d, or is it just because of the "sports" exhaust?
Normal for the 535d, because it has a particulate filter (in order to be Euro IV compliant, etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
The exhaust of E60 530D now not pointing downwards anymore either.
Size and look of 530D exhaust is now same as 530i
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Why is there a M-badge, on the steering wheel? It´s not an M, is it? :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
cidair said:
Why is there a M-badge, on the steering wheel? It´s not an M, is it? :nono:
The sport versions that have M bits on have often carried the M badge. I used a 330d sport with M suspension that even had M kick plates as well as the M badge on the M wheel.

Only true M Power cars have the tri colour stitching and red arms in the dials. As far as I know the only non M Power car to have red arms is the 4.6is X5, not been in a 4.8 yet. But the tri colour stitching is still pure M power only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
ashok how muchis he asking ? My tt has died a death ,the engine caught fire whilst it was parked up in my garage and I am carless awaiting news of the 997tt and M6 deliveries.
A diesel might be a change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
markf said:
ashok how muchis he asking ? My tt has died a death ,the engine caught fire whilst it was parked up in my garage and I am carless awaiting news of the 997tt and M6 deliveries.
A diesel might be a change.
Sorry to hear the loss.
But I hope you know about the difference in noise between the petrol and the diesel cars before you make a choice. I'm driving a 530d, I like the performance of the car but where is the sound of the petrol cars...
Beside this, the 535d only comes with an autobox.

Guust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Ashok, thanks for posting, I do like what they have done with the M sport treatment for the mainstream models althought the cube trim has to go.

Jerry, I think you said this in the other thread, the looks of the sport package should have been the basis for the standard body. I totally agree :cheers:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
Yes, it helps balance it out and also its something Pontiac would not do so it reduces the "Pontiac-effect". I have been surprised, because I see a few E60s driving around and from a distance I have really mistaken them for a Pontiac. Thats not good. At the same time, both BMW and Pontiac use a similar design feature (kidneys on BMW, ports on Pontiac).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,412 Posts
Agreed and with Pontiac dropping the "cladding" this probably creates even more visual similarities, at least from a distance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
HomerUK said:
The sport versions that have M bits on have often carried the M badge. I used a 330d sport with M suspension that even had M kick plates as well as the M badge on the M wheel.

Only true M Power cars have the tri colour stitching and red arms in the dials. As far as I know the only non M Power car to have red arms is the 4.6is X5, not been in a 4.8 yet. But the tri colour stitching is still pure M power only.
Nope, sorry - the 840Ci Sport (a UK-only model) had the tri-colour stitching on the steering wheel - at least my Individual one does...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Current BMW's restrict the coloured stitching to M models only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Current BMW's restrict the coloured stitching to M models only.
True... somehow I managed to resist the temptation to get the Individual steering wheel with wood inlay in my new E61 (barf...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Yesterday I was travelling from Wien to Budapest and as we stopped at a petrol station, a lorry stopped there too, carrying 3 535ds, a 745i, X3, etc... Those 535ds were amasing, one of them had M packet!!! Wow, amazing look! That means, that the first ones arrived to Hungary as well!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Loads of them in UK dealers at the moment most being Carbon Black. My dealer has 2 at the moment and I was close to getting one until I opted for the X5 4.8is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Andy-UK said:
Take it you've just revealed you upcoming motor then, X5?
Yep My wife absolutely hated the CSL and wouldnt go in it for more than 10 miles. No armrests, seats dont adjust and too jerky!!! Anyway decided to offload before the winter sets in and decided to try the 4.8is which has had rave reports from other owners. Pick it up tomorrow :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top