BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting it back, the battery and voltage regulator are replaced after making the car freak out, got a fresh oil change and brake fluid change.

My tech who helps our local M Flight Club did some programming:

Window up and down coding
Digital MPH coding on gauge display, Euro SMG tune, Euro launch tune, Angel Eye bright code, auto unlock code and a few more I forget. I can't wait to get the car back finally.:applause:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Angel eye bright code? Please post pics of them when you get her back, I am interested in seeing how bright they are after coding.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Angel eye bright code? Please post pics of them when you get her back, I am interested in seeing how bright they are after coding.
I am myself as well, there are some other code options that can make them even brighter but you risk burning the rings. I have aftermarket LED red in mine. Also, my coder programmed the car so the angel eyes will not blink on start up or the other LED side markers.....rear license plate LED. Right now just happy to get my car back and return the new 528 XDrive loaner they gave me.....then, off to the shooting range!!! Great day for me tomorrow, except the $1700 bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Finally getting it back, the battery and voltage regulator are replaced after making the car freak out, got a fresh oil change and brake fluid change.

My tech who helps our local M Flight Club did some programming:

Window up and down coding
Digital MPH coding on gauge display, Euro SMG tune, Euro launch tune, Angel Eye bright code, auto unlock code and a few more I forget. I can't wait to get the car back finally.:applause:

Where about are you in CO? I am a new beast owner coming from a 550I and would like to get together with few local beast owners to talk shop and what not. I work on base and someone left a ///M flight card on the beast, I have since missplaced it since I live in a hotel but hit me up sometime.

Thanks,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car runs so smooth with the Euro SMG tune!!!! Like night and day, no slapping when you almost redline. Having the digital MPH on the center digital info system is a big help. Euro window up one touch and other stuff is great. I have the Euro SMG launch programming now but not willing to try it. Feels like a totally different car with the SMG Euro tune. I have not checked the brighter angel eye difference yet, I run red demon eyes. All LED lights were coded not to flicker on start up, my tech at the Winslow BMW dealer can pretty much code everything.....car is running great, no more issues with the IDrive freaking out, new voltage regulator, new battery, oil change, and brake fluid change. Car is like a totally different car, no SMG jerking. Could not be happier. On top of M Flight club member tuning deal, got BMW CCA discount on parts as well!!!

Reactions: Skills

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not know the dealer can do a euro smg tune
Some can, some can't. Some do Dinan tuning, some do not. My head tech does all the stuff and some on the side with his laptop. Depends on the BMW dealer....for $150 and all the coding....battery coding....I am happy as hell. Made a total difference so now I like the SMG....

Reactions: AWOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where would I be able to go for info on M Flight?

Thanks,
///M Flight West on Facebook, or what region you are in. They are world wide. Membership is free. :cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool thanks for the info. I live in Seattle but I am in the Springs for the rest of the year or so. I will check out the FB page for sure. I have also been going to Winslow BMW, any chance I can get a contact name for coding???

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool thanks for the info. I live in Seattle but I am in the Springs for the rest of the year or so. I will check out the FB page for sure. I have also been going to Winslow BMW, any chance I can get a contact name for coding???
Bryan, service lead.cherrsagai

1 - 13 of 13 Posts