BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the dealer has been calling me trying to get me to buy all these extras... 3m rock guard, paint protection, carpet protection, leather protection. etc...
would you guys get any of this?

i told them i dont really care for the carpet protection since the car already has these cool rubber mats that seem to cover the entire surface of the carpet anyway! so nothing could really spill on the carpet...

they offered me leather protection, paint protection, and 3m rock guard for like 1800 bucks... it sounds like too much to me, although they said its a smoking deal...???

·
Registered
984 Posts
My dealer charge $ 600.00 for the 3m clear bra and they put the 3m film on any high traffic area like door handle and edge of door, mirror. $ 1800.00 is too much, talk with a body shop and see what they would charge you to put it on. And lets re-phase that it's not the dealer it's the stealer.

Reactions: MKSixer

·
Registered
360 Posts
1800 does seem a lot, not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, actually 1800 was for all 3. the paint protection, leather protection, as well as the 3m film

still seems like too much to ,e though...

not exactly sure what leather protection is, i guess they just apply some leather cleaning/conditioning product and call it good? (thats $395)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
and the dealer has been calling me trying to get me to buy all these extras... 3m rock guard, paint protection, carpet protection, leather protection. etc...
would you guys get any of this?

i told them i dont really care for the carpet protection since the car already has these cool rubber mats that seem to cover the entire surface of the carpet anyway! so nothing could really spill on the carpet...

they offered me leather protection, paint protection, and 3m rock guard for like 1800 bucks... it sounds like too much to me, although they said its a smoking deal...???
Scotch Guard for Carpet and Zymol for Leather: $20.00.
3M Film for high wear areas: $395.00.
Telling the $tealer to shove that $1,800.00 invoice up his *****: Priceless.
(apologies to MasterCard)

Reactions: ///Mike M
1 - 12 of 12 Posts