BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you current owners and soon to be owners, thanks for making the wait so enjoyable. It has been six months since I placed my order and I will be completing the transaction on Thursday. You have all been very insightful with suggestions and feedback on any number of subjects. It is great to have a place to pick up the latest information on such a wonderful car.

I realize that a number of you may still be trying to decide, "do I get on the list or wait a little longer"? I have just one little piece of advice for you, BUY IT NOW!
Enough said there.

I know, I know what color did I order and what options did I select? The car is carbon black with sportive extended silverstone(two tone)interior ,no options and of course MSRP!!! The pics will be forth coming.

If you will recall from a few of my past posts, I am the buyer from Southern California buying across the US. The dealer is in Virgina Beach(Checkered BMW, Wayne Burkner) and I highly recommend them, even if you are from out of state. All I have to do is ship the car home and the fun begins or the breakin fun begins. I would like very much to get together with some Southern California M5 owners for a little run if you would be of that mind set. Drop me an email.

Let the fun begin!

Mark Harlan

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats Mark!

I picked mine up yesterday. I can't say it enough--this car is worth every penny!

Titanium Silver with Caramel Int. might be the only one with this combo?

------------------
2000 M5 Titanium Silver/Caramel

·
Registered
418 Posts
Jester,

Congragulations!

The Official BMW Fast Facts 2000 book that is provided to the dealers contains a exterior/interior color combination matrix.

This matrix shows that Titanium Silver is not combinable with Caramel. How did you succeed in achieving the impossible? Did your dealer have to use some special order code to override this restriction (such as the protocol used when a non-standard "color to sample" is requested)?

I love the stealthy, monochromatic look of my Jet Black/Caramel All Leather M5 (i.e. the side and bumper plastic trim, and gloss black side-window trim which coincidentally matches the Jet Black on the body all cohesively blend together and combine handsomely with the dark shadowline wheels in a sinister sort of way).

However, if I knew it would have been possible to order Titanium Silver with Caramel, I would have given this combination serious consideration.

The Silver is brilliant (the car looks as if it is in motion even when it is standing still) and obviously "dust-sensitive." The Caramel showcases the interior detail in a way that is not as apparent with the Black Exclusive Trim. Also, the Caramel contrasts nicely with the light shade of the Bruyere Club wood.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well maybe my dealer pulled strings, I don't know. He may have been a top selling salesman? I'll have pictures soon though prolly tomorrow for those that may not believe me
. I know its rare since its not a standard combination.

HadE55NowM5: I got the walnut trim--which looks great with the Caramel as well. The caramel All-Leather Nappa Heritage with the Alcantara headliner is truly a luxurious/rich look.

I'm still astonished at how sweet this interior is--especially the alcantara headliner. I'm zainoing the car now so again hopefully I can have pics up tomorrow.

Also the titanium silver is truly dust sensitive compared to darker cars. My navy blue metallic vette dusts up really fast, but when its clean its briliant as well.

------------------
2000 M5 Titanium Silver/Caramel

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Would have loved Caramel with my Alpywhite...Canadian dealers not yet honoring special orders...

Alps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts