BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Pickin' up 06' M5 today or tomm.!!!

1253 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Guzm5
Picking up my M5 2006 black on black from the dealer either today or tomm., just waiting on my bank account to finish money transfer. Pretty excited. I joined the forum 2 days ago! Any suggestions as to what first thing I should do with my beast first?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent suggestions fellow members. Just found out I will be picking up car in the afternoon today. I'll probably take it somewhere off the coast, possibly pch until I hit Malibu.

· Registered
57 Posts
Excellent suggestions fellow members. Just found out I will be picking up car in the afternoon today. I'll probably take it somewhere off the coast, possibly pch until I hit Malibu.
Ah, of course! PCH is the PERFECT place to take it, if it runs up there like it does between Long Beach and Laguna Beach - just enough lights to run through the gears, but not every block. Not a bad view, either!:flag:

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm new to all of this. I'm coming from a Honda S2000 so I'm thinking t the SMG will be somewhat of a culture shock. But I test drove and it seems awesome. Just had a little bit of an issue when it came to downshifting the car to a complete stop, any suggestions anybody?

· Registered
670 Posts
I'm new to all of this. I'm coming from a Honda S2000 so I'm thinking t the SMG will be somewhat of a culture shock. But I test drove and it seems awesome. Just had a little bit of an issue when it came to downshifting the car to a complete stop, any suggestions anybody?

I'm not a pro here but what i do is downshift to 2nd gear and then come to a complete stop. I'm sure if this does any damage. I'm sure the pros will chime in soon to help us both out.

· Registered
3,006 Posts
PCH is the perfect place to take it for your first drive. Then get on a bigger highway so u can really experience the M5's top end power. Get it on the highway, nail it from 4k rpm in 3rd gear and hold on! Btw I highly recommend getting a radar detector as this car has so much top end power that u should be able to enjoy without the threat of a verylarge ticket.

afc1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.