BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my M5 2006 black on black from the dealer either today or tomm., just waiting on my bank account to finish money transfer. Pretty excited. I joined the forum 2 days ago! Any suggestions as to what first thing I should do with my beast first?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Drive it around town and enjoy the power and the smg. Maybe not the heart of LA, but somewhere you'll got the occassional red-light to play from.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent suggestions fellow members. Just found out I will be picking up car in the afternoon today. I'll probably take it somewhere off the coast, possibly pch until I hit Malibu.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Excellent suggestions fellow members. Just found out I will be picking up car in the afternoon today. I'll probably take it somewhere off the coast, possibly pch until I hit Malibu.
Ah, of course! PCH is the PERFECT place to take it, if it runs up there like it does between Long Beach and Laguna Beach - just enough lights to run through the gears, but not every block. Not a bad view, either!:flag:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm new to all of this. I'm coming from a Honda S2000 so I'm thinking t the SMG will be somewhat of a culture shock. But I test drove and it seems awesome. Just had a little bit of an issue when it came to downshifting the car to a complete stop, any suggestions anybody?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm new to all of this. I'm coming from a Honda S2000 so I'm thinking t the SMG will be somewhat of a culture shock. But I test drove and it seems awesome. Just had a little bit of an issue when it came to downshifting the car to a complete stop, any suggestions anybody?

I'm not a pro here but what i do is downshift to 2nd gear and then come to a complete stop. I'm sure if this does any damage. I'm sure the pros will chime in soon to help us both out.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
PCH is the perfect place to take it for your first drive. Then get on a bigger highway so u can really experience the M5's top end power. Get it on the highway, nail it from 4k rpm in 3rd gear and hold on! Btw I highly recommend getting a radar detector as this car has so much top end power that u should be able to enjoy without the threat of a verylarge ticket.

afc1

·
Registered
105 Posts
Spend some time mentally preparing for the M button! Congrats!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome:byebye:....like any new car you just need get a feel for it so simply drive and learn...and use this board....and as AC1 said be careful as it really is a beast:grinyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts